CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Gw3BLLH.png

As a precursor, the only thing I had installed on this computer is Anvi Defender, from a few months back. I never installed this "Constant Guard" program.
This is all over my computer, and other computer downstairs. I ran Malwarebytes, anti-virus (paid for McAfee on the one downstairs, actually), and it tells me I'm clear. Whenever I open a web browser on here, though, this pops right the fuck up, blocking whatever it feels like. I can actually drag it with my mouse if I grab on the Xfinity banner, oddly.
I look into it myself, constantly dragging it out of the way. Apparently it may or may not be legit at all, and appears to be Comcast wanting you to pay for their fucking techs to do nothing to your computer on TeamViewer, or paying for their Constant Guard program.
JAk8UIU.png

That's what MY computer does when I click on the fucking "Take Action Now" button. However, the one downstairs claims, "IdentityTheftCreditCard", and apparently has other nonsensical "bot" names for people who have this as well. It says it was one problem, "viewed 486 times", and "Last Seen" this morning at 7:51 AM. It's my aunt's computer, but I assume it was on sleep at that time. Iunno.

How the fuck do I get rid of this?

Acid[NubCake]

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
i suggest you to get NOD32, even if you get a cracked version its better then aVast and McAfee.. you can easily find the user and pass to activate Nod32 if needed.. :)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Yeah i don't think that is a virus it is probably something you downloaded when you were drunk or something. Did you try to just uninstall it?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It stopped showing on my own, and my own family's computer is free of it, but my aunt's downstairs is the one that is still getting it. I didn't touch my family's pc (Call it PC2) until just now to see if it was on there.

Reactions: MysticOwnage[UK]

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As per Comcast's Engineer:

"The notice is tied to user's modem. This is no ploy, nor do Comcast scans user's computer. Something using user's cable modem is exhibiting the behavior of a bot. Again, Comcast is only alerting user because Comcast is seeing activity from *something* behind user's modem that is bot traffic. Comcast can't tell you which device it is because that would require Comcast to do Deep Packet Inspection, which nobody wants - Comcast cares about user's privacy, and will not do that."

What I see is that Comcast has unwisely chosen to use the name "Constant Guard" to refer to two different things: the PC software it provides, and a separate system that monitors customer modem traffic looking for "bot-like activity". The pop-ups you're seeing are coming from that second "Constant Guard". Comcast will not let you opt out of those.

Quite possible there was some kind of suspicious traffic going through your modem that caused Comcast to alert you. Since you are not getting this alert anymore - I assume this traffic stopped.
I'd also suggest trying THIS site.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
As per Comcast's Engineer:

"The notice is tied to user's modem. This is no ploy, nor do Comcast scans user's computer. Something using user's cable modem is exhibiting the behavior of a bot. Again, Comcast is only alerting user because Comcast is seeing activity from *something* behind user's modem that is bot traffic. Comcast can't tell you which device it is because that would require Comcast to do Deep Packet Inspection, which nobody wants - Comcast cares about user's privacy, and will not do that."

What I see is that Comcast has unwisely chosen to use the name "Constant Guard" to refer to two different things: the PC software it provides, and a separate system that monitors customer modem traffic looking for "bot-like activity". The pop-ups you're seeing are coming from that second "Constant Guard". Comcast will not let you opt out of those.

Quite possible there was some kind of suspicious traffic going through your modem that caused Comcast to alert you. Since you are not getting this alert anymore - I assume this traffic stopped.
I'd also suggest trying THIS site.
I read that. Something that McAfee and all the other scanners I used couldn't be picked up, and it's magically picked up by a service I never installed that wants me to give it money? How is that not Comcast almost imitating Malware?
My aunt's computer (PC3) was the only one to get a definitive error message. I just got the error page when I clicked it. She got the weird "Identity Theft" error, which sounds oh-so-legit. She's connected through our wireless router, and she doesn't even have network admin, IIRC.

I ran Zebra's link on PC3, and it hasn't showed up on there for half an hour. Yay.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
From "amibotted.comcast.net"
FZiA33i.png

That was the error I was mentioning.

So. I have this on PC1 (my computer). I ran MalwareBytes & Anvi on here and got rid of 5 threats, and then 2 on MalwareBytes.

wat do?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I read that. Something that McAfee and all the other scanners I used couldn't be picked up, and it's magically picked up by a service I never installed that wants me to give it money? How is that not Comcast almost imitating Malware?
My aunt's computer (PC3) was the only one to get a definitive error message. I just got the error page when I clicked it. She got the weird "Identity Theft" error, which sounds oh-so-legit. She's connected through our wireless router, and she doesn't even have network admin, IIRC.

I ran Zebra's link on PC3, and it hasn't showed up on there for half an hour. Yay.
Again, Comcast didn't install anything on your PC neither it wants you to pay for anything. The Constant Guard notifications you are getting are just an informative messages telling you that suspicious traffic was detected on your modem. Nothing else.

Did you try calling Comcast regarding this Bot and see what they have to offer?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Again, Comcast didn't install anything on your PC neither it wants you to pay for anything. The Constant Guard notifications you are getting are just an informative messages telling you that suspicious traffic was detected on your modem. Nothing else.

Did you try calling Comcast regarding this Bot and see what they have to offer?
No, I didn't end up calling. I installed Anvi on PC3 and it found a few threats it removed, IIRC, but the Xfinity kept spamming that message, even though I had resolved it, I'm pretty sure.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No, I didn't end up calling. I installed Anvi on PC3 and it found a few threats it removed, IIRC, but the Xfinity kept spamming that message, even though I had resolved it, I'm pretty sure.
I would've called them - it wouldn't bite you anyway. They may offer you a free solution. In case they offer you to pay for their support - you can always suggest them to go fuck themselves.

Reactions: CiNiC

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm fadingly high and am being paranoid to think they would find my Utorrent and send a SWAT team through my windows.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm fadingly high and am being paranoid to think they would find my Utorrent and send a SWAT team through my windows.
If they wanted to fuck you up for using torrents - they would've started sending you Copyright Infringement letters. Other than that they don't care about it (even though they keep compressing ergress traffic severely to prevent you from gaining ratio at torrent trackers).