My world of war craft runs fine and sometimes it freezes for a few seconds and you can here the audio and then the screen turns black and you still can hear the audio but you can't tab out of the black screen so I need to restart my computer HALP.

Now when it freezes it freezes with a black screen for a few seconds then blue screen of death restart.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
What addons do you have? There could be a problem with addons, I know that outdated Recount really fucks up the game.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
BSOD is usualy a hardware or driver problem, I would investigate your graphics card firstly.

Blar

Mildly Menacing Medic
I concur with Maddo. Back when I used to play, I had a similar problem. It had to do with my GPU overheating due to it being quite old at the time.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
As already said above, check your graphics card and make sure it's on the up-and-up.

In addition, make a Memtest CD (www.memtest.org) and test your RAM with it.

If possible, get us the BSOD stop error that you're getting. It'll look something like 0x80001234.

Well I will try and update my drivers or graphics card first. My graphics card is a ATI 9570 where would I find the place to update it.

Edit: I mean 5970 not 9570.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I dunno I just dunno :C.
Have you opened up your case and physicaly looked at your graphics card to check it? dust, hair and all sorts of shit can clog the fan and components on your card causing it to malfunction/overheat.
Try something like this http://www.gputemp.com/ to monitor your gpu.
Have you been messing around in your bios? overclocking to much?
If you can borrow a card from another pc for an hour, you could test it with that, if it still crashes, you might need to start looking elsewhere.

I use nvidia myself, so dont really know a lot about ati, not sure if this is a help or a wild goose chase, but wasn't there a problem with catalyst and dx11? Maybe worth looking into, but still I can't think of much else to help you.

Have you opened up your case and physicaly looked at your graphics card to check it? dust, hair and all sorts of shit can clog the fan and components on your card causing it to malfunction/overheat.
Try something like this http://www.gputemp.com/ to monitor your gpu.
Have you been messing around in your bios? overclocking to much?
If you can borrow a card from another pc for an hour, you could test it with that, if it still crashes, you might need to start looking elsewhere.

I use nvidia myself, so dont really know a lot about ati, not sure if this is a help or a wild goose chase, but wasn't there a problem with catalyst and dx11? Maybe worth looking into, but still I can't think of much else to help you.
Yeah, i'm running DX11 so it may be something to do with that.