Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I have been running this 2007 low-end entertainment/gaming laptop on Windows Vista for 5 years..... until today. Usually, I was lucky if I could get 30 FPS on minecraft, with the ALL of the settings put as low as possible, now, my average is 50 : ) I was trying so hard to save up for a $276 Graphics Card and go through the goddamn "Heart Surgery" of a job needed to install it... and all I needed was Windows 7.

Um... someone should have told me... blah bah hah.... and that is my little success story with Windows 7, just had to tell someone

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think that all you needed was a proper drivers for your graphics card. Have to admit though that Win7 is known for better drivers' handling than Vista. But I don't think that such a drastic improvement would've been caused by OS...

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think that all you needed was a proper drivers for your graphics card. Have to admit though that Win7 is known for better drivers' handling than Vista. But I don't think that such a drastic improvement would've been caused by OS...
Irony = No changes to the driver model support were made between Vista and Win7

Windows 7 is really Vista SP2.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
AND my computer with vista could only run at 75% CPU power or it would overheat in a matter of minutes.... now, it automatically reset to 100%, and it works PERFECT without overheating :)