Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Thats what they want you to believe.

dons tinfoil hat

You missed a crucial part that explains that.
IIRC there's been a story from 2012 ( before the whistleblowing ) that Google wasn't going to hand out their information because that would compromise their way of selling better ads, which I'm fine with. It's been buried within the web though, can't find the article.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You missed a crucial part that explains that.
IIRC there's been a story from 2012 ( before the whistleblowing ) that Google wasn't going to hand out their information because that would compromise their way of selling better ads, which I'm fine with. It's been buried within the web though, can't find the article.
Thats what they want you to believe.

dons tinfoil hat
dons another tinfoil hat stacked on top of the previous one tf2 style

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor

Quite a shame most people just don't care enough so they allow themselves to keep getting exploited like a bunch of idiots.

Toxik

Contributor

Quite a shame most people just don't care enough so they allow themselves to keep getting exploited like a bunch of idiots.
"Hey guys so I saw this article that says Microsoft is spying on you, so here's a video repeating everything they wrote"

Quite a stroke of genius, that man. I'm sure he knows all there is to know about Microsoft spying on us from that one article.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"Hey guys so I saw this article that says Microsoft is spying on you, so here's a video repeating everything they wrote"

Quite a stroke of genius, that man. I'm sure he knows all there is to know about Microsoft spying on us from that one article.
Don't be harsh on him. He's just another stubborn Linux enthusiast who is still struggling to understand that once you plug Ethernet cable in (metaphorically speaking) - you already have no privacy at all, no matter what OS you're running.

Reactions: Chance

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Don't be harsh on him. He's just another stubborn Linux enthusiast who is still struggling to understand that once you plug Ethernet cable in (metaphorically speaking) - you already have no privacy at all, no matter what OS you're running.

That's not really the case, privacy can still exist if you actually cared enough about what services you're using. http://business.time.com/2013/06/18/google-challenges-nsa-secrecy-in-fisa-court/

Google is fine because they use your data to their benefit with ads, which I'm fine with. Like I said, I like to have better ads that suite my needs. Microsoft will do anything with your data, that also means they would sell you out if you're doing anything illegal, like pirating software or something.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oh no microsoft can access my private information?
wait i dont have any private information, most of the information on me is online
seriously? im pretty sure my computer knows less about me than my online friends do

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
oh no microsoft can access my private information?
wait i dont have any private information, most of the information on me is online
seriously? im pretty sure my computer knows less about me than my online friends do
It's when Microsoft find out what you wouldn't tell your 'online' friends that I suppose is the problem. If you got nothing to hide, then you're fine.

Toxik

Contributor
When I deleted everything in the folder it said it downloading Windows 10, but when i restarted computer it booted up to Windows 8 again
This one worked for me after several failed installs, you should give it a try

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-error-80240020-while-installing-windows-10-free-upgrade-1513456

Step 1: Go to $Windows.~BT folder in C: and ensure the Hidden items option is checked in the toolbar section of the window. Now try deleting as many files and folders as possible. Some files cannot be deleted due to permissions issue. Once you have deleted all possible files proceed to Step 2.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This one worked for me after several failed installs, you should give it a try

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-error-80240020-while-installing-windows-10-free-upgrade-1513456

Step 1: Go to $Windows.~BT folder in C: and ensure the Hidden items option is checked in the toolbar section of the window. Now try deleting as many files and folders as possible. Some files cannot be deleted due to permissions issue. Once you have deleted all possible files proceed to Step 2.

Alright ill try this and see what happens

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
And I see nothing wrong with this.

I think I might've miss-phrased what I meant to say. What I meant was that Microsoft will be more than happy to sell out and give your personal information to any corporation that wants you arrested or something.

If you guys truly had nothing to hide, you wouldn't mind me snooping around your house. I won't do anything, I just want to look around, you can trust my face.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think I might've miss-phrased what I meant to say. What I meant was that Microsoft will be more than happy to sell out and give your personal information to any corporation that wants you arrested or something.

If you guys truly had nothing to hide, you wouldn't mind me snooping around your house. I won't do anything, I just want to look around, you can trust my face.
I have nothing to hide, can't say the same about Shoe though. He's been playing with Defib an awful lot!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Microsoft will be more than happy to sell out and give your personal information to any corporation that wants you arrested or something.
Have there been any precedents? Why would anyone want me arrested if I haven't performed any illegal cyber activity? What kind of information MS could collect which may get me arrested?
You may snoop around my house as much as you want for all I care. You try to get into my house - your ass will get shot. I yet to understand how MS collecting data about my data usage and someone snooping around my house could be compared.

EwanLan

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
warning: Doing a system restore when you have upgraded your os to windows 10 has a chance of making your computer unable to boot with the error "inaccessible_boot_device". I had this issue and it required buying recovery media tools and another windows 8 installation disk to fix costing me £50+.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Have there been any precedents? Why would anyone want me arrested if I haven't performed any illegal cyber activity? What kind of information MS could collect which may get me arrested?

Laws in the USA for technology can be pretty vague or as blatant as they can get, People have been snooped on plenty of times, but the thing is, it's been happening to nobodies like yourself and me. Nobody cares about the nobodies, so if you like taking major risks, you're one in 1 million, but that number could change at any time given the politicians who're currently running for president and the sheer amount of corruption within the technology world.

You may snoop around my house as much as you want for all I care. You try to get into my house - your ass will get shot. I yet to understand how MS collecting data about my data usage and someone snooping around my house could be compared.

None of that creeps you out at all? You wouldn't mind anyone snooping around your home unless they're physically inside? There's absolutely no difference between the two, except one of which is physical and another one is digital.