JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
OK i am new to Win 10 and recently i have had this issue that i dunno wtf i a doing to get it to do it, or if i am implementing it via hotkeys but this is the problem.

Usually i just click the "Skial" name on the top ( as seen in red arrow) and it refreshes the page. But sometimes, out of the blue it begin to download a .htm file (As seen at yellow arrow). I can't type anywhere and everywhere i click it downloads a new .htm.

It also does it on FB, i usually just click the blue "F" icon to refresh the page, but it does the same thing.

WTF am i turning on here and how do i disable it. Seems a reboot stops it.

THX.

2e2gx1t.png

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
looks to me like rather than a Windows 10 thing it's more of a Google Chrome thing. try reinstalling Chrome

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is likely a chrome issue. I know if you press CTRL + S, Chrome prompts you to save the website as a Webpage file but I doubt that's what's going on here. I googled it and there's a website that has some procedures that may fix it:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536073/why-does-google-chrome-keep-downloading-htm-files/

Other sources request you to go into Chrome Settings > Show Advanced Settings... > Scroll to Downloads > Uncheck "Ask where to save each file before Downloading". If this is already unchecked, the next time the download occurs, click the arrow located beside the download file and click "Always open files of this type" as the type of file .htm is is a website so it should open the website. Good luck =)

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
This is likely a chrome issue. I know if you press CTRL + S, Chrome prompts you to save the website as a Webpage file but I doubt that's what's going on here. I googled it and there's a website that has some procedures that may fix it:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536073/why-does-google-chrome-keep-downloading-htm-files/

Other sources request you to go into Chrome Settings > Show Advanced Settings... > Scroll to Downloads > Uncheck "Ask where to save each file before Downloading". If this is already unchecked, the next time the download occurs, click the arrow located beside the download file and click "Always open files of this type" as the type of file .htm is is a website so it should open the website. Good luck =)

This however, makes no sense...

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
neither does Google Documents on Chrome trying to print word processing documents from my printer's 4x6 photo paper tray but them's the breaks

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
A shortcut in Chrome is to hold down the alt key and click on a link, it will download a .htm file.

Most likely a faulty keyboard or your alt key is getting stuck.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
A shortcut in Chrome is to hold down the alt key and click on a link, it will download a .htm file.

Most likely a faulty keyboard or your alt key is getting stuck.

I read that online, but i doubt my alt key is sticking. However, i do use the alt key to "push to talk" on Mumble. I can't seem to get it to do anything by doing the alt+click thingy.

Last edited:

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'm not at all knowledgeable regarding Mumble, does the push-to-talk work when any app is in focus? if so, maybe Chrome thinks Alt is still being held down when you switch app focus while using chat. if that's the case, tapping Alt next time Chrome's in focus should fix it, as Chrome will surely see that Alt is released

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I'm not at all knowledgeable regarding Mumble, does the push-to-talk work when any app is in focus? if so, maybe Chrome thinks Alt is still being held down when you switch app focus while using chat. if that's the case, tapping Alt next time Chrome's in focus should fix it, as Chrome will surely see that Alt is released

But i can't even get it to do the htm download when i click alt and a address like it says.