tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
The motherboard is listed as ATX and the case is listed as supporting ATX and micro ATX. It will fit. That motherboard looks ridiculously expensive, though. Is this for a new build? What are the specs of the other components you intend to buy? You better get a good quality, high end power supply for that board. You don't want a cheap power supply to fry that board after a month of use. I would recommend buying an Antec case instead. My Antec 300 is pure perfection.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Atx mother boards fit mid and full towers so yeah it does are you sure you know what you are doing since this is something very basic to computer building
I'm pretty sure I know. I just wanted to confirm before making the purchase. Case size was new to me, so I wanted to make sure I got that part right. Anyways, thanks.

Reactions: SgtGiraffe

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
The motherboard is listed as ATX and the case is listed as supporting ATX and micro ATX. It will fit. That motherboard looks ridiculously expensive, though. Is this for a new build? What are the specs of the other components you intend to buy? You better get a good quality, high end power supply for that board. You don't want a cheap power supply to fry that board after a month of use. I would recommend buying an Antec case instead. My Antec 300 is pure perfection.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010

This is the power supply I'm plan on getting.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer

I'm getting a:
CPU: i7-4770k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB ram
Storage: Corsair Neutron 512GB SSD
Power Supply: Corsair HX Series HX750
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 2G
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z87

Think these are the more important things. But if you want a full description of my planned computer, let me know.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
That looks like a good solid gaming build and a good power supply. If you want to save a little money on that build, you could consider going with a Western Digital black hard drive instead of the SSD. Recently, I decided to upgrade my hard drive. I was considering a SSD, but went with a 2TB Western Digital black hard drive I found on clearance at Best Buy. I am glad I bought it. It's plenty fast, has a much higher capacity, and was a fraction of the cost of a SSD. It still won't be quite as fast as a SSD, though. What OS do you plan on running on it?

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
That looks like a good solid gaming build and a good power supply. If you want to save a little money on that build, you could consider going with a Western Digital black hard drive instead of the SSD. Recently, I decided to upgrade my hard drive. I was considering a SSD, but went with a 2TB Western Digital black hard drive I found on clearance at Best Buy. I am glad I bought it. It's plenty fast, has a much higher capacity, and was a fraction of the cost of a SSD. It still won't be quite as fast as a SSD, though. What OS do you plan on running on it?

I plan on dual-booting Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Oh yes, forgot about the hdd. I also bought 2 Red Series WD's, which in my opinion are extremely reliable.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Windows 8? You're delirious. Did you catch the new Microsoft patented strain of influenza that's been going around? I hope you get well soon.

But in all seriousness...
You should make sure you install Windows in UEFI mode. I think doing that will make it play better with OS X. You should also consider trying out some Linux distros. I use Debian. My machine runs Debian 95% of the time and I wouldn't trade my Debian OS for anything.

Are you doing a raid setup with those hard drives?

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
I plan on dual-booting Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Oh yes, forgot about the hdd. I also bought 2 Red Series WD's, which in my opinion are extremely reliable.

Consider 10.9 or Mavericks as well as a Linux distro, either Debian or Ubuntu.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
By voiding the Windows 8 warranty, do you mean Microsoft's habbit of using the most minor of things as an excuse to take it's customer's money and then spit right in the customer's face? However, if you bought the OEM version of Windows 8, this isn't an issue, as Microsoft doesn't provide any support for that in the first place.