• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

WRYYYYYYY

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've been more active lately and it seems that a lot of groups that had sites and servers are closing down. It's kind of concerning and I just want to know if my favorite group of servers will be shut down.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
no, bottiger's kept long-term sustainability in mind for years now. a lot of server groups close sooner than necessary because they stood up many more servers/game modes than there was real demand for.

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Quite the question.... I think the answer is yes, it will close at some point. Just like us humans all have expiry dates as well.

Best way to avoid it? Be active in the community, promote a positive image of Skial and tell all your friends that you play on the best TF2 community servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
Nothing lasts forever, especially when Valve has continued to make community server killing changes.

But we have already lasted 10 years while countless other communities have died. If we die, 99% of other community servers will die before us. It has been 4 years since Meet Your Match came out which was the deathblow to many other communities, and we're still hanging on, and we're still the largest TF2 community.

We are also trying to branch out into rust.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManaPig

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes. Skial closes every night at 10 o'clock instead of the usual Midnight, due to COVID. Be sure to get in before Last Call! Cheers!

MatSki

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I think if skial dies, it will send a powerful message to the rest of the tf2 community, which would be detrimental and would cause people to take the same example and move on (to different games). Only thing that would revive tf2 again would be a major update, but that seems far fetched. Stay strong Bottiger, the community relies on servers like yours.

Reactions: Defibyoulater