Why do people continue playing casual over community?

Discussion in 'News Watch' started by Reporter, May 3, 2021.

1. Reporter

Reporter Administrator

Why do people continue playing casual over community?
    I find it confusing that people in the overall tf2 community pick casual over community, especially with how popular community servers were in the past.

-Valve servers are completely unmoderated
    -Valve servers are sv_pure
    -Valve servers have a terrible map changing system with no way to nominate a map
    -bots

Ignoring bots (which is real hard to do currently) Valve servers just aren't great.

-EDIT-

So people seem to in agreement that it's because it's the Valve-intended vanilla experience.

So valve's intended way to enjoy TF2 is unmoderated servers that sometimes, you have to abandon due to several bots joining or kicking you?

I feel like there is this notion that community servers are all the mario kart map with 100% crits or something. They really aren't, sure those exist, but plenty of servers exist that provide a relatively normal TF2 experience.

-Uncletopia
    -FACE.IT
    -Skial

Again, those are just what comes to mind, there are community servers that offer an experience that's still plenty enjoyable, such as potato.tf, or creators.tf

I just feel like this idea that people have to play through the pain is terrible and doesn't give people new to the game a good introduction at all! There's a good chance Valve's reluctance to fix this issue is directly tied to people continuing to play casual despite it's GLARING flaws.

Author: RepairBueno

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/n3c2er/why_do_people_continue_playing_casual_over/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/n3c2er/why_do_people_continue_playing_casual_over/

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GoldSrc

GoldSrc Sufficiently Lethal Scout

yeah but I suck and casual has worse players

3. KinCryos

KinCryos TF2 Admin Contributor Mapper

Steam:
    the answer is Contracts. those things are only tracked on Valve servers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winning Winning x 1
  4. Blade D_Hero

Blade D_Hero Moderator Contributor

Steam:
    The Halloween contracts were some of the worst moments I’ve had playing TF2. Two hackers (minimum) per server.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice