KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well, to be honest I don't understand why you turned them down. It's really hard to get a stronger team to scrim with a lower level team over here in EU.

Yeah i actually wanted to scrim these guys after i read this. Three things could happen

1. We get stomped and learn what we did wrong. improve our gameplay
2. We put a good fight and lose. Learn what we did wrong and improve.
3. We put up a good fight and win. Beat them at their own game.

We are gonna have to play tougher teams in the future. Considering TF2 and this team sticks around. However they way they approached it was still douchey lol

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, to be honest I don't understand why you turned them down. It's really hard to get a stronger team to scrim with a lower level team over here in EU.
I see what you are saying. But it was the pretense that they were pretending to be a lower division team. If they would have been honest from the start I would have considered it.

We have been competitive against silver teams willing to scrim us. But these guys are at the top of gold. I am not sure how competitive it would be.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I see what you are saying. But it was the pretense that they were pretending to be a lower division team. If they would have been honest from the start I would have considered it.

We have been competitive against silver teams willing to scrim us. But these guys are at the top of gold. I am not sure how competitive it would be.

If it was gwor i would be questioning this call. :P

The Dude

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Yeah i actually wanted to scrim these guys after i read this. Three things could happen

We are gonna have to play tougher teams in the future. Considering TF2 and this team sticks around. However they way they approached it was still douchey lol
They just dick around, they don't play serious at all. I don't see how that would make us improve.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor

So I know yall's team, and I know the skill difference between say, gold and silver, and let me just say.

You would learn nothing. At a certain level of getting crushed (which this would be if they had eaten full bowls of cereal) you don't learn anything because you're not getting killed by better strats, you're getting killed by one on one dm. if 4 v 2 they win you're not learning anything but that you can't play in gold.

If they have their lollerskates on, which is fine, you won't have any practice against anything you'd see in a match. Quickfix medic, jumper soldier and demo and a scout running the fan ALL AT ONCE would never happen. The only thing you'd learn in this kind of scrim is who has the strongest dm. And then that person will be chained to your medic as he deals with suicide after suicide. Really the best you could hope for in the second scenario is getting them to play serious.

And I know you're 'competitive' against silver teams, silver is what steel was last season. Got ourselves like 2-3 sandbag gold or plat teams being meanies. and then the rest of us. unless you've scrimmed and held your own against 9AM or bEnt you will be way out of your pay grade.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So I know yall's team, and I know the skill difference between say, gold and silver, and let me just say.

You would learn nothing. At a certain level of getting crushed (which this would be if they had eaten full bowls of cereal) you don't learn anything because you're not getting killed by better strats, you're getting killed by one on one dm. if 4 v 2 they win you're not learning anything but that you can't play in gold.

If they have their lollerskates on, which is fine, you won't have any practice against anything you'd see in a match. Quickfix medic, jumper soldier and demo and a scout running the fan ALL AT ONCE would never happen. The only thing you'd learn in this kind of scrim is who has the strongest dm. And then that person will be chained to your medic as he deals with suicide after suicide. Really the best you could hope for in the second scenario is getting them to play serious.

And I know you're 'competitive' against silver teams, silver is what steel was last season. Got ourselves like 2-3 sandbag gold or plat teams being meanies. and then the rest of us. unless you've scrimmed and held your own against 9AM or bEnt you will be way out of your pay grade.

Which is why I politely declined. :D

In all honesty- this post helped me to feel better about my decision. Thanks Giildy.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When I was leading 1rw in steel, I arranged a scrim with the plat team DA (after dark) - we thought exactly the same, that it would show us how big the gap was between us and the big boys.
We started of on foundry, out dm'd them on the first mid fight, and moved up and managed to cap 4th.. we was like "yeah were fucking awesome" then it was like they started playing, we never got one cap after that.
I only learned one thing from that, they pushed with all 9 players, whereas we were attempting pushes with 6 and 7, even there sniper was pushing in instead of trying for the picks. it was just like a brick wall coming at us, they did comment on how good we were and were totaly suprised we were in steel, which made us feel better at the 5-0 defeat

Reactions: Giildy