Contributor
Mapper
my graphics card is shittier

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB DDR3 800MHz)
GFX: Nvidia GeForce GT 710 - 1GB DDR3
using my old Alienware Area-51 case from 2003

shouldn't this be in the Technology section?

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You have an i7 on a Macbook?
Yeah, the 2011 to 2018 ~ 2019 have i7 for the 15 inch screen and i5 for the 13 inch screen IIRC, the newest ones have the m1 chips, idk the specs of them though, but I'm not sure if it's i5 for the MacBook and i7 for the MacBook pros

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I was always curious how tf2 handled on Macs

Used to play on a 2nd gen macbook air with an i5 way back when, I had to use an awfully strong config and the game still barely managed to keep 45-60 fps.
Playing 32 Player VSH/Freak Fortress strained it even harder.
Late in its life the laptop could probably burn your skin if you touched the bottom after an hour or so of gameplay.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Used to play on a 2nd gen macbook air with an i5 way back when, I had to use an awfully strong config and the game still barely managed to keep 45-60 fps.
Playing 32 Player VSH/Freak Fortress strained it even harder.
Late in its life the laptop could probably burn your skin if you touched the bottom after an hour or so of gameplay.
Yeah, my 2011 can't be off its charger for more then an hour nowadays

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't need super powerful, and my 2013 battery is starting to go too, and it's about a 90 minute procedure to replace it, plus it works in my favour since I collect apple products, and I've wanted the black MacBook for a while

Last edited: