Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yeah, I know. Usually downloaders like that install shell extensions and other crap. Anyhow, the way this downloader is listed in Tasks List is extremely weird. It should be listed as an executable, not as a website.
It just looks like the column isn't wide enough to show the file extention.

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
Going along with what Psycho said, go to a run command and type msconfig.msc

Go to the services tab, check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services" then scroll through and turn off anything unecessary. If you're not sure about it, do research or leave it alone.
Next go to the Startup tab. Anything you don't need in here, uncheck the box. This will help free up RAM space and also make you computer boot faster.

As a general rule, if you don't need it to run your computer safely, don't have it running. Setting services to run manually is a good idea. Have them run when you startup a program rather then all the time

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Going along with what Psycho said, go to a run command and type msconfig.msc

Go to the services tab, check the box that says "Hide all Microsoft services" then scroll through and turn off anything unecessary. If you're not sure about it, do research or leave it alone.
Next go to the Startup tab. Anything you don't need in here, uncheck the box. This will help free up RAM space and also make you computer boot faster.

As a general rule, if you don't need it to run your computer safely, don't have it running. Setting services to run manually is a good idea. Have them run when you startup a program rather then all the time
Delete System 32
troll.png

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's why I hate to help people sometimes. You are trying to help them - and in response they rate your suggestions as "Dumb".

Like it was me who installed some shit causing artifacts on a desktop in the first place. Good job.