Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
Wondering which of the 2 for gaming for my new PC.
EDIT: To go With my Nividia 630 1 GB.
FINAL VERDICT: AMD FX-6300 CPU with NVIDIA GeForce SE 630 1 GB.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
It may just be Intel fanboy bias, but in my opinion Intel CPUs are much better, although they don't have many -hexa and -octo core processors, their quality of cores is greater than their quantity.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Intel by far, in fact, Haswell (the newest codename of Intel processors coming out), has intense graphics matching up to a Geforce 650 GT. Which is crazy good. Even on Linux/Windows, Intel claims it's both an AMD and NVIDIA killer, which might seem laughable, but check this out:

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I use a quad-core AMD F4100 Bulldozer, but yeah Intels pretty good for gaming.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To put it simply Intel's benchmarks have proven to be generally better than AMD's

However, AMD counters with prices that give you "more bang for your buck".

So if you have the money and want the best you can buy, Intel is generally the way to go. If you're on a budget and want more bang for your buck or overall don't want to spend as much, AMD would be the way to go.

Either way they both get the job done depending on what you buy.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Intel is better, AMD is cheaper, for the same money you'd get the same performance but with 2 extra cores.

For gaming dont worry about the processors, buy a cheap low-mid tier one and spend every $ you have on the graphic card(s).

Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
Intel is better, AMD is cheaper, for the same money you'd get the same performance but with 2 extra cores.

For gaming dont worry about the processors, buy a cheap low-mid tier one and spend every $ you have on the graphic card(s).
Yep! So that is why i am going with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 360 1 GB. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 GE Graphics card on My 2009 Compaq So i will go choose the Graphic card brand i have the most experiance with.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

With all due respect isn't that a bad idea? A low end CPU would require you to upgrade in the near future which could also cost you a new motherboard. In the long run it seems like it would be cheaper and less of a pain in the ass to get a good CPU and a decent video card. A decent CPU would last you a good while and video cards are very easy to replace