Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If you're looking to game, I would not go with an i3 proc simply because it's dual-core and a lot of software these days is being written for quad-core. You get a lot more bang for you buck for not a whole lot more "buck".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227443
My recommendation is to get that. It's better than both of those machines in your link and is in your budget.

I did try to find you something cheaper but everything that has an i5 and 8 GB of RAM (this is the minimum you should have for a gaming machine imo) that was cheaper than this uses integrated graphics.

Integrated graphics for gaming = :eek:

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
If you were to pick from those 3, even though I strongly don't recommend iBUYPOWER, the third is the best, mainly because 1) It and the secpnd options have dedicated GPUs where the first has an integrated Intel GPU, and 2) The second option only has 500 GB of HDD space where thew third has 1 TB.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Well, considering how all 3 of them are customizable..

You could just.. pick whichever specs suit your needs, but what the guys above said is definitely get a Quad core. Hard drive space is also mandatory so go for at least a 1TB hard drive.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, considering how all 3 of them are customizable..

You could just.. pick whichever specs suit your needs, but what the guys above said is definitely get a Quad core. Hard drive space is also mandatory so go for at least a 1TB hard drive.
I just dont really know what specs best suit for a gaming pc

sov

Legendary Skial King
They're 3rd Gen. Intel processors, those i3s have more processing power than a 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor.

Know what you're saying before you post in the Tech section.
didn't see that :D srry lol but I would go for the i5's even if it takes a month more of money saving.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
any reason why you don't like radeon? and thanks for the links
As Viper said, ATI cards have very poor drivers' support. Performance is OK as long as drivers are working fine. Again, it's also the matter of preference. I have always been Intel's and nVidia's advocate since with AMD I have had only bad experience.

But again, the fact that this desktop is Dell outweighs one small minus called Radeon GPU...

those i3s have more processing power than a 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor.
Don't get too excited. "Ivy Bridge" CPUs have a small (5-10%) performance advantage over 2nd generation Sandy Bridge chips, also Ivy Bridge CPUs use less power and have a more powerful graphics chip built in; however you still can't compare Ivy i3 with Sandy i7. i7 still wins.

i3-2200 (Ivy) vs i7-2700K (Sandy) comparison.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
They're 3rd Gen. Intel processors, those i3s have more processing power than a 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor.

Know what you're saying before you post in the Tech section.
Well, I know a bit about this, not that much, but a review showed that in BF3, when using the i3, because it only has 2 cores, some of the NPC's just disappear, so if they are needed to open a door or something, the door will just open itself... not sure why. But I guess this would suggest that an i5 is a better deal. But I'm not super educated, just my 2cents.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Well, I know a bit about this, not that much, but a review showed that in BF3, when using the i3, because it only has 2 cores, some of the NPC's just disappear, so if they are needed to open a door or something, the door will just open itself... not sure why. But I guess this would suggest that an i5 is better.
My Retort: Who still plays BF3?

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
My Retort: Who still plays BF3?
Well, many people do. It's one of the best games out there that offers multiplayer vehicular gameplay. But besides that, friend. I was just thinking that the i3 isn't really a good choice. If it makes NPC's disappear, who knows what it does on other games? It could do anything.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shit.. Even my Nehalem i7-950 beats Ivy Bridge i3-2200:

NFDAQYY.jpg

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
As Viper said, ATI cards have very poor drivers' support. Performance is OK as long as drivers are working fine. Again, it's also the matter of preference. I have always been Intel's and nVidia's advocate since with AMD I have had only bad experience.

But again, the fact that this desktop is Dell outweighs one small minus called Radeon GPU...

Don't get too excited. "Ivy Bridge" CPUs have a small (5-10%) performance advantage over 2nd generation Sandy Bridge chips, also Ivy Bridge CPUs use less power and have a more powerful graphics chip built in; however you still can't compare Ivy i3 with Sandy i7. i7 still wins.

i3-2200 (Ivy) vs i7-2700K (Sandy) comparison.
Ah, figured the 3rd Gen. i3s would still hold a lot over the heads of 2nd Gen. Core i7s, but I guess not. Too bad I can't rate that Agree and Informative. :/