• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
i'm new in tf2 so i would like to know how can i get an unusual.
Feel free to comment

If you genuinely want an Unusual build your way up through trading even though it's time consuming and the majority of people are scammers. I mostly get my equipment from the Steam Market, that is... If you actually have money.

Crash.ca

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
yea opening crates is horrible odds at getting an unusual, maybe try opening like 10 when a new update starts or a theme ( christmas halloween) type holiday, seems to be a 2% chance then lol otherwise, trade server or even go to the skial discord, they have alot of trading going on in there as well.

GitHug

Mildly Menacing Medic
To be serious, it is actually charges for comments. You will soon raise all the money you will need.
Welp, too late you already stated: "Feel free to comment".

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
:troll:
the only guaranteed way is to damage the Horseless Headless Horsemann with your melee weapon just before he dies. doing so will net you the "Gored!" achievement, which will award you with a Haunted Metal Scrap in Unusual quality. this only works once per account

♛ Ryankz11 ♛

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
There is actually many ways to get Unsusuals, i'll go through some

==Metal Grinding / In-game points grind==
Servers like Skial and Blackwonder uses in-game credits for keys / metal, this is probably the easiest and safest way of getting metal etc. To work up for unusuals WITHOUT spending a dime or profit making.

==Profiting==
Again, multiple paths for profiting for example

- Crafting hats with 3 refined and get a 3+ refined worth hat, the worst way for profit, but it's still a way.

- Selling stuff for it's higher price, and getting one for it's lower price.

There's other ways, but i'm gonna let you figure that out ;)

- deleted by moderator -

==Scrap.tf raffles==
You can always try your luck, but chances are you will get a cheap item, but you could get lucky with an unusual, I did <3

==Weapon scraping==
Another way of getting metal and slowly progressing to keys, but like the metal grinding from in-game points, it's slow to get 1 key and a unusual is like 10+ keys.

==Using the Marketplace.tf app==

a good way for buying keys for a slightly dropped price.

Mannco - £1.89 / $2.44
Marketplace.tf - £1.40 / $1.81

see a major difference? :) Buying a small heap of keys can help ya get some items for profiting, or a headstart.

Did Ryan do good? just gimme your paypal code and we can sort a payment since I helped you- *COUGH, COUGH*

I mean, If you think I did good, just rate this comment :)

- Ryankz11 (srry for the late reply)

Last edited by a moderator: