Reporter

Administrator
Where'd the variety of servers go?

I remember that tf2 was known for its variety of community maps, dumb ones like mario_kart or the dozens of 2fort Egypt servers you would find on the community browser. What happened to all these? Or even just a stock and custom map community server with active regulars and new players. I thought the bots would encourage this, but nope, only variations of skial and youtubers servers are played on.

Not a problem if you like playing on these servers, but I find then either to competetive, memey or toxic. Skial servers seem even more toxic than servers that encourage toxicity, but the latter servers and many others that tailored towards different playerbases and game modes have died out. Why is this?

Tldr: why has tf2 community servers have largely gone from wide varieties of game modes, playerbases and playstyles to largely skial/insert name.tf and tf2tuber servers that play the same maps 24/7?

Author: gungaginga28

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/qw9xz1/whered_the_variety_of_servers_go/

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why are there no variety of servers in a 14 FTP game that's infested with noobs and cheaters?