Ashon

Mildly Menacing Medic
As the name of this thread suggests, I want to know your go-to place for finding reviews about websites before buying games or something else on the Internet. My personal preference was reddit, but it doesn't give much information about the platform since for the most cases people publish their negative experiences.

StereoBucket

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
If it's games, I'll probably look at some gameplay footage first to see if it looks appealing.
For hardware I often compare it against what I already have and know on userbenchmarks, and google about the product, something along the lines of "<product name> problem/issue" to see if there's any widely know issue with it. LinusTechTips forum is also good for reviews imo.

MariaBrzezinski2002

Unremarkable User
I use Youtube for any game or tech reviews. And mostly try to look for unknown/smaller reviewers since they usually don't get 'paid off' to give positive reviews. :tongueclosed:

Bornum

Scarcely Lethal Noob
agree that youtube is a good source for finding reviews, but I would argue that you should listen to small youtubers all of the time, now you must pay close attention to their narrative, and if the person seems suspicious to you, just don't trust them; moreover, I think big bloggers wouldn't be lying to you since they have a big audience and if they would do this, all of the people had unsubscribed