ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
i'm trying figure out where are the custom textures are and put the in the materials folder

some-mapper

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
If its a custom map BSP, and you dont have purple checkerboard textures everywhere, they will be packed into the BSP itself.

Last edited:

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
I ran the original one on tf2 and went hammer and it said the textures were still invalid

some-mapper

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
In BSPSource go to the last tab and click "Extract embedded files". Go to your tf/custom directory and make a new folder, name it "yourmap_assets (example: pl_metropolis_assets), drop all the extracted files into that folder and restart hammer. If it has been repacked multiple time, its going to get messy and you are going to have to find all the broken textures in hammer and change their file path.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
In BSPSource go to the last tab and click "Extract embedded files". Go to your tf/custom directory and make a new folder, name it "yourmap_assets (example: pl_metropolis_assets), drop all the extracted files into that folder and restart hammer. If it has been repacked multiple time, its going to get messy and you are going to have to find all the broken textures in hammer and change their file path.
Ok here’s what I use bspsource bat
And I hit the check mark box that says extract textures
I created a new folder that’s say jb_famous_assets I started up hammer
And I chose the one that was the older one that’s said jb_famous_final_d
And I get a warning that said 7 solids are missing or invalid