Italian Doctor

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
some keyboards have dumb keys that no one use or aren't helpful typing what they want to
the french keyboard lacks a lot of characters that are used like «»ÇÚœÉÈÀ but there's $£°"§<> because why not
french_notebook.png

meanwhile there's this canadian keyboard where you can actually type the language on, plus plus random other characters
does not include œ
ACNOR_keyboard.jpg

the german one is dumb too because it's also missing characters like ë „”»« but has the´ `accents and §$"
550px-KB_Germany.svg.png

what y'all think?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
it's not exciting but modern qwerty layouts with a tenkey are great. supposedly dvorak is more ergonomic but i don't see the point in an adult retraining to use a slightly more optimal keyboard

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The French Canadian keyboard is a blessing when it comes to swapping between it and English since it uses the standard qwerty layout with a few differences, I am so glad I never had to learn azerty for the other french keyboards

Italian Doctor

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
The French Canadian keyboard is a blessing when it comes to swapping between it and English since it uses the standard qwerty layout with a few differences, I am so glad I never had to learn azerty for the other french keyboards
i don't really mind switching between qwerty and azerty, just that i keep pressing the > button when trying to press shift and the fact that there aren't really useful alt gr buttons other than €
same goes for qwertz and the fact that discord needs `~\ /* @# and they don't all have those (in convenient places)

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
i don't really mind switching between qwerty and azerty, just that i keep pressing the > button when trying to press shift and the fact that there aren't really useful alt gr buttons other than €
same goes for qwertz and the fact that discord needs `~\ /* @# and they don't all have those (in convenient places)
I use french Canadian alot, since I'm a Quebecois and my mac has it, I've used azerty once, but that's only because I chose the wrong language during setup

• Haha
Reactions: Italian Doctor