• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
This map was dropped a while ago, around September I believe.

It was quite a fun map. Nothing wrong with it, as far as I knew. Any particular reason it was dropped from the Freak Fortress map list?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bottiger keeps a close eye on player traffic statistics, this includes maps. If he sees a map is causing problems he'll remove the map if he feels its necessary.

I'm assuming warehouse probably started emptying out the server when it changed to the map, or maybe it was being played very little, or something along those lines.

Unless the map starts regaining in popularity again its probably not going to make a return. If he kept the unpopular/dead maps then VSH and FF2 would probably see large player loss because players would rather leave than play on a map they dislike.

FYI this website tracks map statistics i.e. amount of players on a certain map, servers etc.

I agree with @Meowcenary since most maps or servers that get changed/removed are because of a low playerbase.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If only people would stop smashing 1 and 2 when a vote comes around so we stop playing military area and weapons depot.

Meebas

Mapper
My only guess is that it just happened to begin getting voted for less, possibly because of the addition of new maps, or just by coincidence.

I can assure there was nothing broken about the map. No one disliked it, either. At least, not as much as some other maps that are still in rotation (mannco, dust showdown, egyptyspot, which have major flaws but are still somewhat fun)

My point being, I believe Warehouse should be given another chance. I'd also like to hear what Bottiger's justification is. Thanks!

Meebas

Mapper
Is it fine if I hold a poll in the Mapping section to see if people would like it back?