Whatever happened to vsh_warehouse?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Meebas, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Meebas

Meebas Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

This map was dropped a while ago, around September I believe.

It was quite a fun map. Nothing wrong with it, as far as I knew. Any particular reason it was dropped from the Freak Fortress map list?

2. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Bottiger keeps a close eye on player traffic statistics, this includes maps. If he sees a map is causing problems he'll remove the map if he feels its necessary.

I'm assuming warehouse probably started emptying out the server when it changed to the map, or maybe it was being played very little, or something along those lines.

Unless the map starts regaining in popularity again its probably not going to make a return. If he kept the unpopular/dead maps then VSH and FF2 would probably see large player loss because players would rather leave than play on a map they dislike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovietKebab

SovietKebab Banned

Steam:

FYI this website tracks map statistics i.e. amount of players on a certain map, servers etc.

I agree with @Meowcenary since most maps or servers that get changed/removed are because of a low playerbase.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

If only people would stop smashing 1 and 2 when a vote comes around so we stop playing military area and weapons depot.

5. Meebas

Steam:

My only guess is that it just happened to begin getting voted for less, possibly because of the addition of new maps, or just by coincidence.

I can assure there was nothing broken about the map. No one disliked it, either. At least, not as much as some other maps that are still in rotation (mannco, dust showdown, egyptyspot, which have major flaws but are still somewhat fun)

My point being, I believe Warehouse should be given another chance. I'd also like to hear what Bottiger's justification is. Thanks!

6. Meebas

Steam:

Is it fine if I hold a poll in the Mapping section to see if people would like it back?

7. Pedro the fabulous

Pedro the fabulous TF2 Admin Contributor Master Mapper

Steam:

You can do it in the suggestions section. If a lot of regulars agree, it should be put back. Support is needed though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Mr. Devil

The Mr. Devil Truly Feared Pyro

Steam:

I miss that map. It was quite fun to play on.