Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know people get all upset when someone makes a post about real life, so please bare with me.
Today the store I worked at selling Verizon has been closed due to low traffic. I was offered 2 options.

Option A) I could work at a different location (which for me would be about 3 hours of drive time per workday). I would also take a small pay increase and have the potential to make almost almost 10x more commision than I was making at the slow store.

Option B) I could take a 2 week severance package and go look for a new job.

I only have 24 hours to figure this out and I dunno what I should do. Just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on the matter. Also, does anyone know if I could still claim unemployment if I took the severance?

Any serious opinions appreciated.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
A i guess..You get payed for distance covered?
This distance is "covered" by the small pay increase. Altho it is not enough to actually cover it. It is possible that the commision increase would though.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Take A. Jobs are too difficult to get at this point. For some more than others, and some less, but generally speaking, I'd hold onto it.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Can you ask for more? Try to overshoot what you want to they'll meet in the middle.
Even then, in today's economy, people want to hire people that already have a job, so the severance may only last for a little bit.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Take A. Jobs are too difficult to get at this point. For some more than others, and some less, but generally speaking, I'd hold onto it.
I agree. A Job is hard to come by. You decide to go look for another, they could get the position filled in a Heartbeat.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ya I guess you guys are right...job market sux with this economy right now. I think I'm gonna go with A....at least to see if it will work...shit I could juz keep an eye on the job market for something closer...Thanks for all the replies everyone!

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Ya I guess you guys are right...job market sux with this economy right now. I think I'm gonna go with A....at least to see if it will work...shit I could juz keep an eye on the job market for something closer...Thanks for all the replies everyone!
No problem...that'll be $10.75 for this Week's Consultation. :troll: