• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
Skial is basically the only community server I play on because it's got a decent population without being 100% 24/7 2fort RTD 100x XD RANDUMB bullshit that most community servers get bogged down in. Then I start noticing AFK bots. It sucks, it's often imbalanced so one team ends up with a bunch of sandbags sitting in spawn that eventually turn into team mates worse than fresh installs, so useless that they actually often make the game harder for you because they're just big bodyblocking obstacles for feeding the enemy team. At that point, staying alive, much less winning, is basically impossible. But I tolerate it, because it's a free server run very decently overall, I can't complain too much.

Then I join a game today. Imagine my fucking surprise when literally my entire god fucking damn team was AFK bots without "AFK" in their name anymore. You're fucking advertising a thriving community with a bunch of nearly full servers and it's basically fucking offline mode. What horse shit is this? Who thinks this is a good idea and why? Who wants to frag when 90% of the people you're killing are easymode AI? This isn't fun. Spies not cloaking or using disguise kits, medics that don't heal and just stand stationary syringe gunning shit, heavies walking back-first toward the enemy, wowee what a thrilling fucking challenge. This shit is nearly unplayable if you're the kind of person that gives even a little bit of a fuck, and now you're trying to hide it? Why? To inflate player numbers and trick people into not abandoning this shit heap of a game the moment they see it for what it actually is? I want to enjoy playing on these servers, but now I can't because even if I do actually manage to get an entire team of, you know, actual fucking humans, I can't guarantee the guy I'm fighting is too for the most part. Who finds it satisfying to kill gibbus clad AI that gets stuck running in corners?

Honestly this fucking blows shit. Are people abandoning these servers en masse, and this is just a deceptive ploy to make them look more alive than they actually are to draw people in? I pretty much have to leave now because I'm not going to risk wasting any more fucking time sifting through servers until I find one in NA playing anything other than 2fort or hightower that's more than 50% real human players. It's painfully disappointing when I see a community server almost full because it makes me excited that casual mode being basically unplayable didn't kill the game and people still care about getting in some quality TF2, and it turns out to be a big fat fucking lie. Turns out 19/24 actually means 2/24 + 17 retarded calculators to get in the way.

Attachments

• 1634981924991.jpg
    1634981924991.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 184

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Skial is basically the only community server I play on because it's got a decent population without being 100% 24/7 2fort RTD 100x XD RANDUMB bullshit that most community servers get bogged down in. Then I start noticing AFK bots. It sucks, it's often imbalanced so one team ends up with a bunch of sandbags sitting in spawn that eventually turn into team mates worse than fresh installs, so useless that they actually often make the game harder for you because they're just big bodyblocking obstacles for feeding the enemy team. At that point, staying alive, much less winning, is basically impossible. But I tolerate it, because it's a free server run very decently overall, I can't complain too much.

Then I join a game today. Imagine my fucking surprise when literally my entire god fucking damn team was AFK bots without "AFK" in their name anymore. You're fucking advertising a thriving community with a bunch of nearly full servers and it's basically fucking offline mode. What horse shit is this? Who thinks this is a good idea and why? Who wants to frag when 90% of the people you're killing are easymode AI? This isn't fun. Spies not cloaking or using disguise kits, medics that don't heal and just stand stationary syringe gunning shit, heavies walking back-first toward the enemy, wowee what a thrilling fucking challenge. This shit is nearly unplayable if you're the kind of person that gives even a little bit of a fuck, and now you're trying to hide it? Why? To inflate player numbers and trick people into not abandoning this shit heap of a game the moment they see it for what it actually is? I want to enjoy playing on these servers, but now I can't because even if I do actually manage to get an entire team of, you know, actual fucking humans, I can't guarantee the guy I'm fighting is too for the most part. Who finds it satisfying to kill gibbus clad AI that gets stuck running in corners?

Honestly this fucking blows shit. Are people abandoning these servers en masse, and this is just a deceptive ploy to make them look more alive than they actually are to draw people in? I pretty much have to leave now because I'm not going to risk wasting any more fucking time sifting through servers until I find one in NA playing anything other than 2fort or hightower that's more than 50% real human players. It's painfully disappointing when I see a community server almost full because it makes me excited that casual mode being basically unplayable didn't kill the game and people still care about getting in some quality TF2, and it turns out to be a big fat fucking lie. Turns out 19/24 actually means 2/24 + 17 retarded calculators to get in the way.

Breaking news: Lone individual upset over other TF2 players playing by their own schedule instead of said individual's schedule.

Here's a list of past suggestions on the AFK bots, each one having a response by the owner of Skial explaining the deal with bots so go read up on them. That'll be your homework for tonight.

https://www.skial.com/threads/disable-the-bots.7109/
https://www.skial.com/threads/disable-the-afk-bot-for-donators.90668/
https://www.skial.com/threads/tf2-allow-players-to-opt-out-of-auto-afk.89288/
https://www.skial.com/threads/changing-or-modifying-the-afk-system-so-its-less-annoying.83838/
https://www.skial.com/threads/my-problem-with-afk-bots.79428/
https://www.skial.com/threads/get-rid-of-the-afk-guys.66538/
https://www.skial.com/threads/stupid-afk-bots.63162/
https://www.skial.com/threads/afk-bots-petition.65633/
https://www.skial.com/threads/change-the-afk-manager.64270/
https://www.skial.com/threads/can-the-afk-bots-be-removed.63041/

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
AFK system isn't going away, and we're not removing Bots, they're in place for players to have something to play against when the server pop is low. If you don't like that, sorry to hear it.

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
"Lone individual upset" "here's a list of all the other people upset"

AFK system isn't going away, and we're not removing Bots, they're in place for players to have something to play against when the server pop is low. If you don't like that, sorry to hear it.
"It's there so you have something to play against"

Look I don't know if reading comprehension is your strong suit, but I said very explicitly in my post that the problem isn't afk bots in general. I can fucking deal with them because I'm not a complete retard and know people don't flood player capacity all day every day.

My problem is that:
A) They used to be overtly shown as AFK bots, and that has deliberately been disabled, and now people have trouble telling whether they're playing with or against actual people.
B) You waste people's time by lying about player numbers, as every other server with bots (there are plenty) doesn't include them in their player numbers. I join a game because it supposedly has 20 people in it, and it has 2 with 18 bots.

This isn't complicated. Joining a game full of fake players is obviously off putting, and deliberate steps have been taken to make them harder to detect as fake. What possible reason would there be for putting them in every server, listing them as players and not bots, and removing "AFK" from the end of their name as was previously there? The tag system is in place so people can know what your server's about and include/exclude listings based on traits they like or dislike, and listing "bots" as a tag to exclude leaves every Skial server in place. It's being hidden. You're not fooling people.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor

Look I don't know if reading comprehension is your strong suit, but I said very explicitly in my post that the problem isn't afk bots in general. I can fucking deal with them because I'm not a complete retard and know people don't flood player capacity all day every day.

My problem is that:
A) They used to be overtly shown as AFK bots, and that has deliberately been disabled, and now people have trouble telling whether they're playing with or against actual people.
B) You waste people's time by lying about player numbers, as every other server with bots (there are plenty) doesn't include them in their player numbers. I join a game because it supposedly has 20 people in it, and it has 2 with 18 bots.

This isn't complicated. Joining a game full of fake players is obviously off putting, and deliberate steps have been taken to make them harder to detect as fake. What possible reason would there be for putting them in every server, listing them as players and not bots, and removing "AFK" from the end of their name as was previously there? The tag system is in place so people can know what your server's about and include/exclude listings based on traits they like or dislike, and listing "bots" as a tag to exclude leaves every Skial server in place. It's being hidden. You're not fooling people.
Most of the servers are filled with active, real players. We have a system that removes afk players after a certain period of time when the server is full and it switches them to a server with a low player count.

I don’t know if reading is your strong suit but we have a server list and you can join any other server that you want. You don’t have to play in the server with the afk players.

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
Most of the servers are filled with active, real players. We have a system that removes afk players after a certain period of time when the server is full and it switches them to a server with a low player count.

I don’t know if reading is your strong suit but we have a server list and you can join any other server that you want. You don’t have to play in the server with the afk players.
Look, as much as I would LOVE to play on your totally-packed-with-real-people german 24/7 2fort server or whatever, this really doesn't answer my question. Again, why are steps being taken to pass off bots as actual players to unaware people? Also, I love "you don't have to play in the server with the afk players" when my whole problem is your server listings and in game information actively trying to hide that the server is full of AFK players.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Look, as much as I would LOVE to play on your totally-packed-with-real-people german 24/7 2fort server or whatever, this really doesn't answer my question.
You don't want to play on populated servers because there are ethnic peoples that you personally dislike? That sounds like some racial issues you need to work out with a counselor, not a problem with skial itself.
Again, why are steps being taken to pass off bots as actual players to unaware people?

People see empty server, people no join.
People see bot in server, think is okay. Not all bot are bot, some are afk people put in server by plugin to populate server so server no die. People no like join empty server cuz boring.
Also, I love "you don't have to play in the server with the afk players" when my whole problem is your server listings and in game information actively trying to hide that the server is full of AFK players.

No, they're all listed as bots and afk. It's just a press of the tab key or open the server info.

You don't read quite very well, but knowing you, you will immediately deny this so here is additional proof you don't read well:

Discrimination:

Threatening others well being:
PAYLOAD+ | EU ████10/21/2021 - 08:58:59 AMThicc Milf Enthusiasti wanna find the retard admin at skial that decided afk bots were a good idea and kick him in his tiny nutsack

Rest of your chatlogs are you complaining about everything BUT yourself. Complaining about maps, complaining about bots, complaining about teammates, complaining about the enemy team, complaining about dying. How is any single human being supposed to take your seriously when you're just endlessly shitposting everywhere you go about every little thing lol. You aren't here to be constructive or helpful at all, you just want to shitpost more and you knew that full well coming in here.

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
You don't want to play on populated servers because there are ethnic peoples that you personally dislike? That sounds like some racial issues you need to work out with a counselor, not a problem with skial itself.
Because I said german? It's because of the ping you dumb asshole.
People see empty server, people no join.
People see bot in server, think is okay. Not all bot are bot, some are afk people put in server by plugin to populate server so server no die. People no like join empty server cuz boring.
People no join because server full of bots very shitty and no fun happy time only boring sad time. Bots boring and sad. So you lie, say bots not bots. This mean everything is good, yes? No. Lying bad. Momma say so.
No, they're all listed as bots and afk. It's just a press of the tab key or open the server info.
You're lying. They were not. I've checked multiple times.
You don't read quite very well, but knowing you, you will immediately deny this so here is additional proof you don't read well:

Discrimination:

Threatening others well being:
PAYLOAD+ | EU ████10/21/2021 - 08:58:59 AMThicc Milf Enthusiasti wanna find the retard admin at skial that decided afk bots were a good idea and kick him in his tiny nutsack
I deny none of this. The spy that backstabbed me was, in fact, both a tranny and a weeb. You can check for yourself. And I do think whoever thinks turning a small game with few players into a fucked game with a bunch of toasters is a good idea deserves a kick in his nuts, and yes I am calling them tiny. How genuinely worried are you that I'm gonna track him down and do it, huh? You really think that's a possibility? Or are you just reaching for some bullshit faux justification to dismiss the obvious truth I'm speaking? I think I can guess.

Go ahead, keep attacking my character, it won't make your servers any less dead.

Last edited:

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
Honestly it's a video game about trying to murder other people. Do people really give a shit about getting angry words thrown at them this much that it fucking blinds them this hard? It's just all been "BOTS GOOD SHUT UP" and "YOU SAY MEAN WORD THAT MEANS I CAN DISMISS YOUR CRITICISMS AND QUESTIONS" like damn. You're the ones misleading people, and you're trying to lecture about character like I'm the one systematically lying to people and wasting their time. If you can stand getting murdered intentionally in a virtual world, you can stand someone directing a naughty no-no word or two at you without running to whatever closest authority figure you're currently sucking up to and begging for them to make the mean bad internet man go away.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Look, as much as I would LOVE to play on your totally-packed-with-real-people german 24/7 2fort server or whatever, this really doesn't answer my question. Again, why are steps being taken to pass off bots as actual players to unaware people? Also, I love "you don't have to play in the server with the afk players" when my whole problem is your server listings and in game information actively trying to hide that the server is full of AFK players.
Why don’t we do this. You can apply at Valve and rewrite TF2 so you can make AFK players display that they’re currently being controlled by bots in the menu. Or I can send you a monthly, personalized mail that’s carried by our finest pigeons to tell you what server the AFK players are being sent to.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Why don’t we do this. You can apply at Valve and rewrite TF2 so you can make AFK players display that they’re currently being controlled by bots in the menu. Or I can send you a monthly, personalized mail that’s carried by our finest pigeons to tell you what server the AFK players are being sent to.
Disregard all of this. What you should actually do is see a therapist because you got this upset over a 15 year old videogame community server using bots when player counts are low.

You don't need answers, you need to breathe.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper

My problem is that:

Can I get a TLDR?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
How is it misleading or malicious advertisement when it tells you on the tin how many players and how many bots are on the server.
2021-10-26 20_01_14-Team Fortress 2.png

And what's more

2021-10-26 20_02_05-Team Fortress 2.png

Look at that, not counting myself, there are exactly 9 players and 11 bots inside the server.

Reactions: OrphAnne and Toxik

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
why are steps being taken to pass off bots as actual players to unaware people?
They aren't passed off as actual players. They have a generic name, they follow the same paths, they aren't the smartest and are terrible at combat, and it literally says BOT next to their ping amount. I would think anyone who has at least 3 brain cells and actually checks would know that they aren't a real person. As to the lying about the pop count, bots aren't listed as players, they are put in a seperate catagory next to pop count (as shown by the image Jerma posted above). I don't see what your issue with them is. I'd prefer to play against something (albeit the bot is a little brain dead) rather than sit and wait for 2 hours for 3 people to join.

Thicc Milf Enthusiast

Unremarkable User
Oh man I'm not reading any of whatever you people are posting, I just felt like checking in as I've been encountering a geometrically increased number of people complaining about the bots. Every day I hear twice as many complaints as the previous, people joining in, wondering "What the hell is with these people? Why are they acting stupid and robotic?" before realizing what's happening, leaving, and publicly exclaiming their revulsion. People go to community servers to escape the bots of casual, and now the biggest server community that (up until this point) was known for consistently and reliably maintaining decent quality is overwhelmed by them.

You're more likely to encounter bots on Skial than casual mode now. People are leaving because this sucks, thus resulting in even more server slots being filled with bots. Before you know what's happened, these servers are only going to be populated by children who suck at the game who don't notice what's going on and just happy they got a godlike scoring a crocket when the entire enemy team bugs out and tries running into the same corner.