JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
I Got A Intel B800 And Would Like Too Have One With More Power For Rendering
An i5 from the Sandy Bridge architecture. For example i5 2500K, but if you're going to render movies, 3D and much you should get more RAM and an i7.

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
I Am Rendering Youtube Videos And I Got 5 Gb Ram
Ah, YouTube videos isn't that much. I think you can settle for an i5 if you don't do it like several times a week.
8 GB of RAM is pretty much standard nowadays, i suggest an upgrade to that.

whitejawz1

Mildly Menacing Medic
Ah, YouTube videos isn't that much. I think you can settle for an i5 if you don't do it like several times a week.
8 GB of RAM is pretty much standard nowadays, i suggest an upgrade to that.
Btw I Got A Laptop And Could You Link Me A CPU

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because if you decide to upgrade to a CPU of a different socket type than your motherboard supports - you will have to upgrade the motherboard. And motherboard for laptop usually costs $400-$500. With such a price, it's cheaper to buy a new laptop.

And again, check the list of CPU's supported by your current motherboard. If you find any CPU on the list that would match your requirements - then you are lucky.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Because if you decide to upgrade to a CPU of a different socket type than your motherboard supports - you will have to upgrade the motherboard. And motherboard for laptop usually costs $400-$500. With such a price, it's cheaper to buy a new laptop.

And again, check the list of CPU's supported by your current motherboard. If you find any CPU on the list that would match your requirements - then you are lucky.
Even then (among quadcores) the increased clockrate is minimal and not worth the effort/money.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So I Should Try Overclocking
No, you most certainly should not. Most laptop bios's will not even allow it without some type of reflash. The laptop coolers are made to remove a certain amount of heat, most do not overperform, so overclocking will result in overheating 9 times out of 10, which will shorten the life of your laptop.

whitejawz1

Mildly Menacing Medic
No, you most certainly should not. Most laptop bios's will not even allow it without some type of reflash. The laptop coolers are made to remove a certain amount of heat, most do not overperform, so overclocking will result in overheating 9 times out of 10, which will shorten the life of your laptop.
I Got This New Fan And It Makes My Computer Run Cold So I Was Going To Clock It Up To Make It A Bit Wormer

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
1) Try not to type a capital letter in front of every word you post
2) Upgrading a Laptop is virtually worthless. Your better off with just trying to sell the Lappy and buy a Desktop. From there, for your situation, a Sandy Bridge i5 or i7 would be great, but I suggest trying to bump yourself up to around 16 GB of RAM and a 1-2 Terrabyte HD, depending on your budget. With Fans, Antec has some quality product, so I suggest starting there.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1) Try not to type a capital letter in front of every word you post
2) Upgrading a Laptop is virtually worthless. Your better off with just trying to sell the Lappy and buy a Desktop. From there, for your situation, a Sandy Bridge i5 or i7 would be great, but I suggest trying to bump yourself up to around 16 GB of RAM and a 1-2 Terrabyte HD, depending on your budget. With Fans, Antec has some quality product, so I suggest starting there.
I think you missed the part where this is a laptop ;)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Summing it up: upgrading CPU on the laptop is usually a useless task. Just buy a new laptop. Even better - buy a desktop (especially considering the fact that you are working with the video), or buy some crazy-over-priced Alienware shit.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
And if you get a new motherboard, the ports probably won't line up anyways externally.

tl;dr new computer