Shambles

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello, I've got a little question about the PSU i will need for this PC setup..

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003, 1TB
Lite-On iHAS524 Black

Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus.

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack, 120mm
Asus GTX660 TI-DC2OG-2GD5
Corsair 8GB DDR3 SODIMM Memory kit, 1066MHz
Intel Core i5 2500K Boxed
Asrock P67 Pro3

Thing is i got a Corsair CX500 standing next to me and if this 500 Watt will be enough.. i don't have to buy a new PSU.. So i hope you guys could help me out with this one ^^

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Nah, at max he's going to be pumping around 350W under load (added a 50W buffer there), 750 is overkill. If he plans additional upgrades down the line, he can get a new PSU then.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nah, at max he's going to be pumping around 350W under load (added a 50W buffer there), 750 is overkill. If he plans additional upgrades down the line, he can get a new PSU then.
LOL. My PC with GTX460 was suffering when I had 600W.
Also, considering all these new games, GPU will be consuming a lot of power...

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Everything at 100% with a generous overvolt for the overclock.
UWV4G.png

http://www.overclock.net/t/1306743/realistic-power-draw/0_100

Shambles

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It´s not about wich one i have, it´s about how much Watt i need for my setup i posted above.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think you need 750W, Oaky thinks you need 500W. You decide.
Well worst come to worst he'd find out his PSU wasn't sufficient and he's just need to buy another one, best bet is to just use the 500W and if it's not working out, then buy one up.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Although you could get by with a good quality 500W PSU I'd opt for something in the 650W-750W range just in case you want to SLI your graphics card down the line. There really isn't much of a price difference between the two anyway.

Just make sure you get something of high quality... do not skimp on your PSU. I think the OCN recommended list is a good place to start looking.

http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Although you could get by with a good quality 500W PSU I'd opt for something in the 650W-750W range just in case you want to SLI your graphics card down the line. There really isn't much of a price difference between the two anyway.

Just make sure you get something of high quality... do not skimp on your PSU. I think the OCN recommended list is a good place to start looking.

http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies
He already has the 500W, if he wants to upgrade down the line he could just buy another one then.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
He already has the 500W, if he wants to upgrade down the line he could just buy another one then.

Oops totally missed that.

Yeah just keep the 500W. The Corsair is pretty awesome and will be good til you need to upgrade more parts. No sense spending money you don't have to.