• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
For the nearly 3 year anniversary of this thread: https://www.skial.com/threads/what-do-people-get-banned-for.37035

3V8eGW4.png

IkaG362.png

piVuoYa.png

10 admins with the most bans (or, if you don't count console, top 9)

CONSOLE
Ruelel
DaivdBaekr
KillerZebra
Meowcenary
CiNiC
Gworiuch
Chuckwagon
Mittens
Biggie

A couple of notes:
- I wouldn't really look into the admin bans pie chart too deeply. We ban much less now so it isn't very representative of Skial recently. "Hacking" is also taking points away from aimbot and wallhacking, and racism is lumped together as three different kinds of bans. This can't really be helped much without a full-blown program to parse every ban reason, because there aren't uniform, identical ban reasons like console does.
- The top 10 list is two or three days old, but obviously nothing important has changed.
- Micspam and racism used to be ban reasons, but not anymore. Racism counts racist sprays and names, though.
- Wallhacking is only .1% so I didn't include it in the pie chart.
- There is a lot of overlap in the numbers for admin bans, due to bans with multiple reasons.
- There's a complete list of admin ban counts if you're really curious, but the formatting got screwed up.
- You could do the same for comms blocks but it hasn't been around as long, and silences count twice, which heavily skews the data.

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This doesn't seem at all accurate to me, there are no figures for "my brother did it".

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would've been #10 had the Console not been there.
Damn you @Biggie destroying my pride wtf.

Seriously though this is quite interesting. Thanks for the stats, Baek.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Console is the biggest asshole admin. He just sits there all day banning people without saying a word and leaves us to handle all his appeals

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
it doesn't happen too often, but keep in mind that sometimes an admin will show up as CONSOLE on bans and probably silences, I've experienced this a few times

also, what about silences? sure they haven't been around for as long but it would be interesting too can't you just ignore/merge for double entries made at the same time? voice/chat. though I suppose that would be really sloppy..

Last edited:

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Console is the biggest asshole admin. He just sits there all day banning people without saying a word and leaves us to handle all his appeals
@Reporter is the biggest scumbag staff member. He just sits there all day reporting people without saying a word and leaves us to handle all his appealed reports.

Pon3

Mildly Menacing Medic
I've been vote banned on valve servers for trying to vote ban hackers :v