Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Would there be any support for a warpath server? (yes, the old TFC map) it's great fun and there aren't too many servers running it.

If there isn't enough support for a dedicated server maybe we can have it added to one of the vote servers?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I say we put it on Rotation/CP/No-Crit servers for vote.
Exploding walls are promising.

Reactions: wokmage

Turovik

Contributor
Ya I would never leave the server if it was a dustbowl/warpath rotation lol...except to play on the fortwars server.

Turovik

Contributor
A dedicated warpath server would suck alot of hours away from my social life lol.

If u guys ever decide to make it, I'd offer to pay for part of it (in addition to the regular donations). I would volunteer to be admin if I was needed as well.

It's a damn shame there aren't more dedicated servers for warpath. Warpath along with dustbowl are probably my most played maps of all time.

Bottiger

Administrator
I've never stumbled upon any tf2 warpath servers. When I played TFC I only played 2fort.

Is it really that popular?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I've never stumbled upon any tf2 warpath servers. When I played TFC I only played 2fort.

Is it really that popular?

i dont think its that popular. i see some servers, always empty. The problem with putting it in rotation is, while a few regulars who actually play in the rotation will have it downloaded. The non regulars most likely wont, and leave because people hate downloading. And a lot of people do not like customs.

I have played on it, tons of times. And it can be quiet entertaining at times. i just don't think it would be a good server for us to have at the moment.

Edit: I did a search for cp_warpath. came back a 10 mins later. Only 4 servers. none of them were 24/7

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
If we are talking about a Warpath server, I think we could also have a Hydro server. All the 24/7 hydro servers are either always empty or have OP donator perks.

Reactions: Doki

Turovik

Contributor
It was popular in TFC, not many TF2 servers even have it. I strongly suggest finding a server that has it (and has enough people on it) and trying it out. I'm sure 90%+ of the people who try it will love it.

Crimson

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Warpath2 is where I played most of my earlier TF2 and is a really fun map. It might go well in a dustbowl/warpath rotation. If you implement it though, make sure you use warpath2. It's more balanced in some key places that make the second and fourth points less stalemate-y. Also, 32 player warpath could be potentially really frustrating because of all the the chokes. 24 players is really the sweetspot for warpath. This all said though, it would be cool to see in a server. Definitely go and check out a warpath2 server, I recommend The Ville's 24/7 server.

Edit: I did a search for cp_warpath. came back a 10 mins later. Only 4 servers. none of them were 24/7

Also Zebra, this is because most of the 24/7 warpath servers run warpath2 because its a far superior map