zaf

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Recently the chance percentages for each boss were changed, so all bosses has the same chance to get picked.
I'm not sure if i'm the only one annoyed by this, but i think mostly regulars notice and noobs probably don't care.
I would like to see it changed back to how it has always been in vanilla VSH, where Saxton Hale has the greatest chance to get picked, whilst the other bosses act as special bosses.
Right now it's almost the opposite, saxton hale seems like a special boss as we often get HHH or the Rabbit 5 times in a row, which gets extremely annoying since people like playing Saxton Hale the most and people also like playing against Saxton hale the most.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1 I get picked as easter bunny most of the time I play hale, which is really annoying because I do not like playing as him.

Reactions: sehcturc

Keith

Uncharitable Spy
+1 on this, plus they could just add a boss selection feature if they want people to use other bosses more often, rn is like the queue gets stuck on a special boss for 5 rounds, then saxton, then another special boss for 5 more rounds.

Yuuki

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1 on this, plus they could just add a boss selection feature if they want people to use other bosses more often, rn is like the queue gets stuck on a special boss for 5 rounds, then saxton, then another special boss for 5 more rounds.
if they want boss selection they gotta set it to FF2 then

Bottiger

Administrator
I have made it so the boss rotation is set to go through every custom boss once and Hale twice, then when the rotation has completed, it is randomly shuffled. This way a special boss will never be played more than 2 times in a row every 6 games, though it might be played at the end of a 6 game rotation and the beginning of the next rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: sehcturc

sehcturc

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I have made it so the boss rotation is set to go through every custom boss once and Hale twice, then when the rotation has completed, it is randomly shuffled. This way a special boss will never be played more than 2 times in a row every 6 games, though it might be played at the end of a 6 game rotation and the beginning of the next rotation.
hopefully this works well, although I preferred the old rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bottiger

Administrator
The previous way was simply randomized with it being very heavily set on Hale. I think most people prefer a higher chance of seeing the other bosses.

zaf

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
The previous way was simply randomized with it being very heavily set on Hale. I think most people prefer a higher chance of seeing the other bosses.
Thanks, we'll see how this one feels and give feedback