Orthros

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The new Skial VSH2 plugin is an interesting one. That in mind, I feel that a lot of the new changes are over-powered or under-powered and should be properly tweaked. I plan to go over the weapons for each class and their stats to suggest potential changes - if any - to them. Below are my suggestions for the Scout.

(These are just my personal opinions. I'm a long-time VSH player and feel that I have a lot of experience in the gamemode, but these are just ideas. Feel free to debate all of them in the replies below. I will be covering the other classes in future suggestions.)

Primaries

-Stock: No stat changes, well balanced; leave it be.

-Force of Nature: No changes in the new version, rewards good aim; leave it be.

-Baby Face's Blaster: BFB damage has been nerfed to cap at 36 (108 crit). It's boost was entirely removed (as was it's initial speed reduction, you move at normal Scout speed all the time now). It was also given a 25% Clip Size increase (6 to 8). All this means that the BFB now feels spectacular to play with, as it heavily rewards good aim with great long-range damage especially with crits. Yes, the BFB is balanced now. It's a miracle. Anyway, keep the current stats.

-Soda Popper: Way, way overpowered. The buff can be achieved almost instantly, especially with mini/Crits, and is far too unbalanced. If you'd rather not give it an outright ban like before, please make the damage required for the buff way, way higher. The current damage needed is 380. I suggest 1000 as a good place to start. It could always be tweaked if needed.

Secondaries

-Pistol: No stat changes. Like before, it's a bit underwhelming in damage, but it's rewarding if used correctly. Still gets minicrits. Balanced, in my opinion. Leave it be.

-Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol: No changes, still gets minicrits. A good alternative to the Pistol, and rewards you for good aim. Balanced, leave it be.

-Crit-a-Cola: No changes. I personally think that between the recharge time and the drink animation, it's balanced.

-Mad Milk: No changes, great side-grade for supportive Scouts. Leave it be.

-The Flying Guillotine: Rewards consistent aim with surprisingly decent damage. Also supposedly builds the Soda Popper's Hyper meter way faster, but I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation for that yet. Leave it be.

Melees

-Bat: No stat changes. Rarely used as it's outshined by basically all of Scout's other melees. I personally think it could use a buff. Maybe a damage buff, or fall-damage immunity while active, kinda like the old PBPP? Just ideas.

-Fan o' War: removes 3% rage instead of 5%, so it's even more useless than before especially now that Hales build rage much faster. In my opinion, increase the rage removal to 10%. I was originally going to say 15%, but it'd be better to start slow. It can always be tweaked.

-Atomizer: No changes that I'm aware of. Balanced, leave it be.

-Candy Cane: Drops a HP pack on hit like before. Balanced, if gimmicky, leave it be.

-Boston Basher: Nothing changed, rewards Scouts that know how to make good use of it. Leave it be.

-Sun-on-a-Stick: Apparently lights Hale on fire on hit now, similar to Pyro's Volcano Fragment. Kinda neat. Keep the current stats.

-The Wrap Assassin: Broken. Received a buff to now get 3 ornaments (as opposed to two earlier) and the balls appear to recharge faster. That alone would be alright, but after testing it with fellow VSH veteran Moon Rabbit, we found that it actually has a hidden stat that decreases the Hale's Rage meter on hit, similar to the Fan o' War. On a normal melee hit, it reduced by about 1%. But on an ornament hit, the amount scales depending on the range (not damage) of the ball, from 10% to as much as 25%. That seems extremely overpowered to me, considering the ornament already does 100+ damage on average when including the Bleed effect. The rage-decreasing stat also doesn't appear on the hale stats board, which tells me that it might just be a bug. Anyway, I recommend removing the rage-decrease from the weapon entirely and leaving everything else as is. The Wrap-Assassin heavily rewards good aim and to a lesser extend risky gameplay, but I personally don't think it's too powerful. However, reducing it to two ornaments could (and probably should) be considered.

-The Sandman: As far as I'm aware it has no changes in VSH2. Balanced - and the slowdown is underappreciated in my opinion - leave it be.

So those are my suggestions for the Scout. Look out for Soldier and the rest of the classes in the near future.

(Note: I understand that the plugin was changed in order to fix several issues that had been raised, including those I reported myself, and more importantly, that it was changed very recently. I'm making these suggestions based on my past experience and what I believe will be the best solution for the game, but it's very possible that those opinions were developed far too early. I'm only suggesting them now to get them out there. If you feel you have any better alternatives, I would absolutely love to hear them in the replies below. Also, kudos to the Skial team for fixing those bugs!)

-Orthros

Last edited:

Orthros

Quick update: the VSH2 developer fixed the Wrap Assassin bug this morning so that it can no longer drain rage. I haven't had time to test this yet, but in light of that I think you should leave the weapon as it is now.

Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
By the way I'm pretty sure that VSH2 developer fixed the bug with the ubercharge (the uber is removed when you have 15% of uber) and I'm pretty sure he fixed the issue with the skins (we can't use our unusual mediguns what a shame).

Orthros

By the way I'm pretty sure that VSH2 developer fixed the bug with the ubercharge (the uber is removed when you have 15% of uber) and I'm pretty sure he fixed the issue with the skins (we can't use our unusual mediguns what a shame).
Yeah, I saw him post about that earlier today but haven't had a chance to update anything yet.