Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Please read thoroughly, thanks :blush:

I suggest a pool split not just because of differing personal preferences between the two groups. Rather, everything from the different class and weapon balances, available hales, and the degree of knockback affect how each maps plays significantly.

For example, while Egypt plays well on VSH2, the trap spots are a pain to approach in FF2.
Contrarily, in Urban Works, VSH2 snipers are incredibly overpowered, but in FF2, where snipers lack wall climb, they pose far less of a threat.

Additionally, I would like to address one of Bottiger's reasons for not splitting the pool: "if people start making maps that are incompatible with 1 or the other game mode, you're going to have fewer maps to play on."

First, consider the many VSH and FF2 servers that already exist with their own map pools. If map makers have not already started making incompatible maps, why would they after Skial splits their pools?

Second, it is incredibly hard to make a map "incompatible" with one game mode or the other. At most, there would be some niche FF2 server whose rotation of bosses happens to include one that cannot reach every area. Though, this is irrelevant to the Skial servers.

Third, there are already dozens and dozens of perfectly good, compatible maps out there. If Skial VSH is looking for variety, it has a long way to go before it runs out.

P.S. please remove toys_multi3. Both multi4 and mult3 are in rotation

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
we asked for this before and questioned why not
cant remember what bot said but he did say no to it before, doubt he would change his mind
even so +1

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Bottiger wants to remove unpopular maps from the pool, but refuses to do the very thing that would allow him to remove unpopular maps from each server separately.

When does anyone ever play Granturks, APG, Multimaps, and others on VSH2? Rarely if ever. I assume they stay because FF2 plays them.

spudster

Banned
turtleshell is such a bad map in vsh smh

Edit: yes ff2 and vsh are different genres

Last edited: