mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
This is a thread that coincides with the current process of buffing Hale with the intent of making his win% above 50%. (https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-the-hale-buff-discussion-thread.87227/)

Currently a Hale's HP sits at around ~31000 (~1000 per person) at a full server.
Before the reworks started, it was ~44000 (~1400 per person.)

+1 if you would like to see Hale's HP buffed as a possible rework to help Hale's win%;
If you're fine to revert it back to what it was before, 44000, or if you would like to see a different numerical change, like 20% more (~37000,) please specify in your response.

Overall longer longevity of Hales;

PROS:
Rounds where Hales simply run out of HP when reaching the last REDs will occur less; potential shift and decrease of "Hiding Hales" due to lack of health.
Could potentially increase Hale's aggressive play style as he will have larger amounts of HP as a round progresses.
Theoretically increase Hale's win% due to a larger pool of HP.

CONS:
Good Hales will have even more HP leftover as the round progresses, making beating them harder.
Bad Hales will take longer to shred, Hale rounds could take longer in general. REDs will be able to farm for more
damage.

Last edited:

MrLupin

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
+1 Hale is good, but his hp is not. I am thinking like somewhere between 15%-20% buff based on current Hale HP (35650 hp +1150 per person to the old 44000 hp +1440 per person) maybe 20% for now unless it get's too op. Either way, I think Hale should get a HP Buff.

Soda™

Uncharitable Spy
+1
But what would you think about instead of increasing hale's overall hp giving him a small amount of hp on kill. This would encourage hales to be more aggressive and stop hiding because they know they need to get kills.This would also stop the issue of bad hales/afk people from taking forever to kill.Farming points would be much too effective if you just gave a hale more hp(bad/afk hales in paticular)

This would also stop the issue of hales skirting around the edges of a map getting picks.Hales would be encouraged to go for large groups if they have confidence in landing their hits.There could also be a option to disable heal on kill(Such as 50% hp for very good players)

Last edited:

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1
But what would you think about instead of increasing hale's overall hp giving him a small amount of hp on kill. This would encourage hales to be more aggressive and stop hiding because they know they need to get kills.This would also stop the issue of bad hales/afk people from taking forever to kill.Farming points would be much too effective if you just gave a hale more hp(bad/afk hales in paticular)

This would also stop the issue of hales skirting around the edges of a map getting picks.Hales would be encouraged to go for large groups if they have confidence in landing their hits.There could also be a option to disable heal on kill(Such as 50% hp for very good players)

I like this idea. It could effectively raise his total working HP without giving it to him right out of the gate. If he healed, say, 300 HP on kill, and we don't account Last Man Standing since it wouldn't matter, that's 300 x 30 = 9000, plus 31000 regular HP, now he has 40k HP to work with, on the condition he secures all his kills.

I've had a regular or two come to me with this idea, now that we're dealing with HP specifically I think this could be an option to try.

Last edited:

Soda™

Uncharitable Spy
I like this idea. It could effectively raise his total working HP without giving it to him right out of the gate. If he healed, say, 300 HP on kill, and we don't account Last Man Standing since it wouldn't matter, that's 300 x 30 = 9000, plus 31000 regular HP, now he has 40k HP to work with, on the condition he secures all his kills.
I feel like it would allow newer plays who tend to jump into large groups and get melted a better chance thus increasing their win%. Better players who can already win in the current game would probably tend to disable heal on kill for the extra points.Extremely good players would possibly do no rage/50% hp thus lowering their win% even more.Hopefully this would balance the win% to 50 buffing casual hales and allowing great players to get more points in exchange for a challenge.