Aandy Herr

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Pyro Airblast, Degreaser in particular. Airblast on hale, especially spots where you can't directly walk up to are near impossible to get to with a pyro defending engineers or BB Heavies. I've encountered this issue several times and it's not just "good" players who can do that.

Increase rage per Airblast? Airblast cooldown? You can't possibly "fix" every map just to make sure a pyro doesn't spam in a cheeky spot. Makes the game very "not fun" much like the Sniper knockback when hit.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Any one else care to elaborate? I'd go into detail but someone's gonna downvote and shit on my post so it's whatever.

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Pyro Airblast, Degreaser in particular. Airblast on hale, especially spots where you can't directly walk up to are near impossible to get to with a pyro defending engineers or BB Heavies. I've encountered this issue several times and it's not just "good" players who can do that.

Increase rage per Airblast? Airblast cooldown? You can't possibly "fix" every map just to make sure a pyro doesn't spam in a cheeky spot. Makes the game very "not fun" much like the Sniper knockback when hit.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Any one else care to elaborate? I'd go into detail but someone's gonna downvote and shit on my post so it's whatever.

You've gotta play smart, always go for Engineers first when playing Hale. If the Pyro is defending the Engineer at the start of the round you'll build the rage quicker than the Engineer building his level three Sentry Gun more than less of the time anyway (Spies). I don't see this as a problem as Saxton Hale can jump so high and get the ground he needs at the beginning, timing is also very important don't forget. Even if you're new to Saxton Hale it takes time to get used to it due to some many different mechanics, maps.

Changing - Nerfing Pyro isn't a solution. "Why is that?"
  • People will get pissed off that Hale can gain rage so easily by Airblasting him.
  • It'll drive people away. "Yeah why should I play Pyro when the boss gets rage so easily from Airblasting him?"
  • It's always been like this, why change it now?
  • Team Fortress 2, the game where you work together to succeed against Hale, other bosses etc.
  • It's your own fault if you don't end up taking out important targets first. Engineers, Medics, Snipers.
Sniper knockback isn't a problem. "Why is that?" (You didn't ask, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway)
  • It allows Sniper to be useful by pushing down Hale when he is jumping all over the place, you save people.
  • Imagine if it was removed, it would be so easy for Hale to kill Snipers as no knockback would exist.
  • Knockback is a good mechanic and can be game changing in some scenarios. (This is debatable I know)
This is just my POV of it.