Max1996

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Lately, I've noticed what I'd put as a sort of 'disconnect' between what US VSH players consider to be balanced and what EU VSH players consider balanced.

Take, for example, the recent Egyptyspot map change. Even though all votes in the forum thread were in favor (+1), the response in the EU server has been largely negative, many regulars I've seen there considering the map to be worse now.

Simply put, any changes that please the US players might be changes that EU players don't really want, and vice versa.

This makes one of the two groups feel like they're not being heard or taken seriously during one of these changes.

Hence my suggestion:
EU and US VSH servers need to be kept separate from one another, in terms of gameplay/balancing tweaks. The same should go for future VSH suggestions.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

This makes one of the two groups feel like they're not being heard or taken seriously during one of these changes.

They're not going to be heard if they don't speak.
The egyptyspot rework got only +1's and no -1's and was approved with openly only overwhelming support.
Nothing is stopping EU players from posting to the threads, forums, discord, etc.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Bottiger won't even split ff2 and vsh map pools. He's not going to do this.

And as mub said, you have to talk or there will be a "disconnect".

Darkian asked for the island hut back and now the hut is being added back.

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
This suggestion is just like the argument of splitting the VSH and FF2 map pools. And to what mub said, if your regulars didn't like the suggestion, then speak up in the forums and -1 it. There's nothing stopping you from voicing your opinion to a suggestion that affects the EU and US server, as well as the FF2 server.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Bottiger won't even split ff2 and vsh map pools. He's not going to do this.

And as mub said, you have to talk or there will be a "disconnect".

Darkian asked for the island hut back and now the hut is being added back.
Can you consider making the map itself bigger again too?
It feels crammed right now compared to the original.

Max1996

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Regardless, what needs to happen is that, if an update is mostly or unanimously approved of by US VSH players, it needs to be implemented in that server first.