• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

HamBurger

Mildly Menacing Medic
we all know that ghosting ruins the fun, engies get their teles ghosted, telefrag spots and more.

so i would lkike to make a rule against ghosting

cant really explain shit forgive meh

HamBurger

Mildly Menacing Medic
unknown.png

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Bottiger said:
Harming your team for an extended period of time. (friendlying/griefing) Examples:
  • Blocking sniper views
  • Teleporter traps
  • Refusing to help advance your teams position for a long time.
(Source: Server Rules Post)

I believe ghosting is against our current ruleset since it's griefing your own team.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor

I believe ghosting is against our current ruleset since it's griefing your own team.
Nobody gets reported for ghosting, not even a single report in 3 years for it, while the reports from 3 years ago we're all for Jailbreak.
At the same time, ghosting is widely being done all over VSH mostly to end rounds faster that are being dragged by hales that don't know the map or RED's hiding.

What if the last RED is hiding all round in a big map where it would take the hale like 10 minutes to search every spot? making everyone wait for one guy that refuses to fight and instead just hides.

If the ghosting rule gets enforced or actually being clearly added to the rules I would be all up for it, nothing agains't having a "no ghosting" rule.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Nobody gets reported for ghosting, not even a single report in 3 years for it, while the reports from 3 years ago we're all for Jailbreak.
At the same time, ghosting is widely being done all over VSH mostly to end rounds faster that are being dragged by hales that don't know the map or RED's hiding.

What if the last RED is hiding all round in a big map where it would take the hale like 10 minutes to search every spot? making everyone wait for one guy that refuses to fight and instead just hides.

Nothing is stopping you from filing a report.
As for ghosting done in good faith to help newer players learn the map layout and whatnot, that's moreso up to the discretion of those involved, I'd say. Perhaps an admin can chime in with their opinion on the matter, I know it can be a bit of a grey area, but there's definitely ghosting to assist players versus ghosting to screw them over.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
-1 if this applies to FF2 aswell (i would naturally assume it would)

only time ghosting happens in ff2 is if a player is hiding in a spot which hale cannot find. depending on players DirectX level they may not see the outline that hales receive when it is the last player, so ghosting actually speeds up rounds that a player would obviously not win.

I don't feel like watching the fresh install engineer sit in a corner for 7 minutes just because I'm not allowed to ghost. It takes a lot of the fun out of playing a gamemode that already takes long enough as it is.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ghosting is a grey area because it's allowed when the last player(s) are hiding and doing nothing. (prolonging the match, almost friendlying)

Which is why I say -1, and the opposite to that: ghosting should be allowed. VSH isn't Prop Hunt or other, your skill as player or hale should be saving your butt not a wall you're clipping through.

Max1996

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Nothing is stopping you from filing a report.
As for ghosting done in good faith to help newer players learn the map layout and whatnot, that's moreso up to the discretion of those involved, I'd say. Perhaps an admin can chime in with their opinion on the matter, I know it can be a bit of a grey area, but there's definitely ghosting to assist players versus ghosting to screw them over.
I suppose it's especially hard to judge in the scenario Darkian described, as that kind of ghosting can fit both kinds you mentioned. As in, assisting the Hale player, but screwing over the last RED player at the sane time.

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor

This right here i agree with, Ghosting your team mates to the Hale in a way that benefits the Hale Player is griefing; however, ghosting a useless/hiding player that has done nothing for the entirety of the round deserves to be ghosted no matter what is needed (not always, but usually needed) to end rounds faster instead of being a prop hunt round...

So yeah if this was a suggestion i'm kind of at the +/- 1 since ghosting has mixed benefits depending on the situation, overall i still think it shouldn't be allowed.

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
-1 if this applies to FF2 aswell (i would naturally assume it would)

only time ghosting happens in ff2 is if a player is hiding in a spot which hale cannot find. depending on players DirectX level they may not see the outline that hales receive when it is the last player, so ghosting actually speeds up rounds that a player would obviously not win.

I don't feel like watching the fresh install engineer sit in a corner for 7 minutes just because I'm not allowed to ghost. It takes a lot of the fun out of playing a gamemode that already takes long enough as it is.
Ghosting should only apply if the player is intentionally hiding, and not contributing to damage at all.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Ghosting should only apply if the player is intentionally hiding, and not contributing to damage at all.
Hiding and not doing damage is friendlying. Activily trying to be the last member of the team alive while not contributing (with the exception of an engineer nest) is already against the rules.

As for this sugg, I think ghosting should be allowed. All ive seen it used for it to tell the hale where the last player is, (usually an engie, sniper, or some f2p that is new) and speeds up the process. While it may be annoying sometimes with watch out for the tele at the entrance, (which i rarely see happen with ghosting) I think it generally benefits both the server and hale fairly.
(This opinion is from someone who plays FF2 and not VSH)

Reactions: Zeke Aileron