mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Hale shouldn't be deathly afraid of a teleporter. 9k damage is already an extreme chunk to deal to Hale, removing its instant kill would also allow engies to go for more than one frag in a game as well.
From experience, rounds feel a lot more fun for the dynamic of the fight to suddenly shift favor after a telefrag instead of just end.
It would also prevent easy telefrag wins on maps like Lovelyhouse, Skyhigh, 2Towers, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

Old Chuck E. Cheese Token

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1

Having almost every map have 2+ near impossible to avoid telefrag spots pretty much just creates 5 second rounds every map and ruins any fun

The Vindicator

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1

I know im kinda going off topic here but If the telefrag damage goes back to 9001, I see another problem that could happen. In most cases, red team is waiting on the other side of the teleporter and the hale is usually stuck in the dispenser even after the telefrag. This results in him getting mowed down by sentries and ubered heavies and the hale gets killed within a couple of seconds after getting telefraged, thus ending the round almost immediately after the telefrag.

I do not know an easy solution to this but my best idea to counter this would be to allow him to get unstuck from the dispenser somehow once the hale is telefraged to give him a fighting chance. (maybe have the dispenser the hale is stuck in explode after the telefrag occurs?)

Pepe ツ

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
good joob! telefrag is broken now. it does 9001 damage but hale only lose around 3k healt