Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
All ammo packs on every map are converted to small ammo packs.

This simply doesn't work well with 32 players.

There were previously ammo packs added to spawn points, but this was a horrible "solution". (Too dense, too out of the way, not on every map, not needed for every map, etc.)

Allowing ammo packs to be their default size would solve ammo problems on a number of maps, and at least of the ones in rotation, none of them would have "too much" ammo.

ThCanadianMoose

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1
This would be a perfect solution to end the struggle of finding ammo packs in large maps. Making it more better for everyone’s gameplay

Eggs

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1 I play medic on VSH almost daily and I hear "why are there so little ammo packs on this map" on almost every map

Bottiger

Administrator
There aren't enough ammo packs because we disabled ammo spawns in spawn. I asked nergal to add an option to turn off ammo pack conversion but he is telling me it would ruin the balance of the game by making ammo too plentiful.

nip nop

Mildly Menacing Medic
There aren't enough ammo packs because we disabled ammo spawns in spawn. I asked nergal to add an option to turn off ammo pack conversion but he is telling me it would ruin the balance of the game by making ammo too plentiful.
...how?

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper

If you could control which maps get spawn ammo, it would work, but I don't think you can. I'll ask Nergal about it as well.