Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Hi all,

I updated vsh_lovelyhouse to nerf the white room and fix a bug. The white room now has a tunnel instead of a teleporter which makes the room easier for hales to attack without a high risk of being destroyed by campers, the room itself is unmodified but it could be updated in the future. The bug fixed is that engineers could build on the jump pads but now that is fixed. Nothing else has been changed

Map Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxhqtch33hpc3mw/vsh_lovelyhouse_f3_skial.bsp/file

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1

A good map that was hated on by the bugs and the teleport room, this has all been fixed now.

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+0. I remember the main issue with this map was the fact that it had 10 minute round syndrome. I like the new changes, but I'd need a little more convincing, and time to think about it to change my vote to a +1.

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
To those that see an issue that rounds take too long, what would you want to see in order to reduce the round time to fix this issue?

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
To those that see an issue that rounds take too long, what would you want to see in order to reduce the round time to fix this issue?

Not sure there's anything that can be done to truly fix that. The map is huge, and has a lot of high-up spots that take a long time to reach and attack as Hale. The lifts also make for good stalling platforms.

The best you could do would probably be to remove the entire outside and the white room, and even then, it might still not be enough.

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
Removing the white room and outside area in my opinion would make the map less interesting to some players. Instead of doing that, my ideas to deal with this are:
-The white room could have teleporters added so the hale could quickly teleport to parts of the map which would help reduce the hales time to chase players running using the jump pads.
- Another thing that could be done is that the jump pads are redone like vsh_crevice's jump pads where you do not have to wait for the pads to return to the ground.
- A few secrets could be added to also help benefit the hale but I havent thought of those yet.

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
Wasn't vsh_janitors_closet a sort of joke map from how small it is?

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
-1 Unbalanced map with telefrag room that was often exploited.