mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
https://gamebanana.com/maps/163726

Fell out of Skial's rotation but is still quite a bit popular in general VSH rotations.
Classic, small map with elevation, cover and jump pads that afford Hale breathing room.

Been holding off on re-suggesting this since FF players didn't want it, but now that they have Turret Testing, I'd like to try this one again.

Reactions: spudster

Syrup Sauce

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1 simple yet oddly fun map. Still see a lot of players asking where this classic went and I think its time it came back

Stove™

Personally, I never liked this map when it was in rotation, mostly due to how cramped it is. Still don't enjoy it.
Since we don't have separate map pools, it probably wouldn't be too popular with the FF2 crowd, as I recall not too many of us enjoying this map.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer

As much as I'd like to not have to post on this thread, FF2 would see a significant drop in players whenever this map were to be picked from the nomination pool. It's too small for RED to win consistently if at all. Most people do not know how to RTV, so unless there is a majority of experienced players online the map would continue all the way through, players leaving due to how abysmal it is to play as RED on this map. Personally I don't want Turret Testing in the rotation either, many of FF2's hales can exploit it's very straightforward nature (one prime example was formerly Demopan, where he could charge down the pathways and win without having to try) and will win due to the map's surprisingly small play area.

mub

Contributor

Personally, I never liked this map when it was in rotation, mostly due to how cramped it is. Still don't enjoy it.
Since we don't have separate map pools, it probably wouldn't be too popular with the FF2 crowd, as I recall not too many of us enjoying this map.

I understand that FF won't like it. This suggestion is purely for VSH's sake, as it has come to my attention that there are quite a few people in our VSH community that would like to see this map have a second chance.

Flandre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1
Other community they enjoy this map and Its overplayed and never remove it.

I love this map, and I always love to live in under roof.

Last edited:

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
its a case by case
for instance if ff2 doesnt like it we wont vote for it, simple
but if vsh really wants it then i dont see the problem
+1

Stove™

its a case by case
for instance if ff2 doesnt like it we wont vote for it, simple
but if vsh really wants it then i dont see the problem
+1
I feel like it may end up like a Cinema situation in that case. People pick Cinema solely because it's unbalanced against the boss and highly in favor of RED. Oilrig is the opposite where it's more in favor of the boss and more of a struggle for RED since the map is so cramped and small. Obviously I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

mub

Contributor
I feel like it may end up like a Cinema situation in that case. People pick Cinema solely because it's unbalanced against the boss and highly in favor of RED. Oilrig is the opposite where it's more in favor of the boss and more of a struggle for RED since the map is so cramped and small. Obviously I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Then I absolutely wouldn't mind it. Another Hale-favored map is what VSH's pool needs.

Stove™

Then I absolutely wouldn't mind it. Another Hale-favored map is what VSH's pool needs.
That's fair, I guess. In our case, FF2's bosses have a lot more tricks up their sleeves for practically wiping the team on quite a few maps, which is why some of us don't enjoy Oilrig and were happy with its departure, but if VSH needs a more Hale-favored map, then so be it.