caya

Unremarkable User
All the time, I wanna be sniper but all the slots are taken. Especially on maps like dust showdown where sniper is the most fun class to play on it, but people hog sniper class for the entire round.

Raise sniper class limit to 5 or 6, 4 is too low.

soos

TF2 Admin
too many snipers can be a problem, especially if they know how to het around with that wall jump mechanic(thats enabled on vsh and not ff2). A single sniper can deal usualy around (from personal experience) about 2000 - 3000 damage on a highly populated server.

granted this is from playing FF2 and not much VSH2 but i think my point still stands. partly

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Big -1, while on maps like dust_showdown, it's more of the map that's the issue. I could go into a rant about how awful dust_showdown is but I'll save that for another post. For now I'll just say that snipers are an extremely powerful class, especially if they know how to effectively use the wallclimbing, like @soos said. This is of course why they are the ONLY class with a class limit, because this power is recognised.

Bottiger

Administrator
We can't increase snipers because if there are too many, they can block hale from jumping out of a hole or into a platform where everyone is camping. We'd have to remove the momentum killing attribute from the sniper rifle.

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm not increasing it until people would rather have the momentum killing attribute on sniper rifles removed.

caya1

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm not increasing it until people would rather have the momentum killing attribute on sniper rifles removed.

I would be okay with removing, or reducing the knockback from snipers to raise the class limit. How bout just cut the knockback in half, and raise the limit? Like if you cut the knockback in half, and raise the limit to 6, overall hale would still have less knockback on him compared to 4 snipers with the current knockback.