• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Bipolar Jew

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
So recently (like 3 days ago), I've been having this issue only on Skial's VSH server, where all the Hale player models are nearly invisible, only when Hale is set on fire/ mad milked/water drops can I see the body outline of Hale, etc. Sniper shots that should show up on my screen and outline him aren't visible either, and I'm running on DX9, so no idea on what the problem is.

I've deleted my tf file and re-downloaded the player models several times, and it hasn't fixed anything. What the hell is going on?

*side note- I've been noticing that whenever a new map loads or I'm joining the server, it keeps re-downloading the player models over and over again...when I already have the player models downloaded in my files. I'm thinking that this is an error with Skial, since none of the other VSH servers I've been to have this problem.

3B85FC235B9F7568BE83C0D7BAB1C0A0C5381624

6A5C3BE75291A29F8A1B6AAEBD33E6010D22B237

9771FCCEC89E5746EEEDE9244487248D0C064732

80D4513B1F8F9847BA17DB9293A3FE3A6440495B

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
one thing you can try doing is navagating to your 'download' folder in the TF2 folder. delete all "models"

for me, I am running Windows, the path is this. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\models

delete the Saxton_Hale folder, or, the best thing to do (which leads to longer downloads) would be to clear your download folder.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If all else fails you could try completely reinstalling TF2

You could let it reinstall overnight while you're sleeping or something

Bipolar Jew

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Bottiger, you are a LIFE SAVER. I extracted the files manually and removed the old ones, and it's works. Also, the .zip file had a lot more stuff inside it compared to the old model files I had, like, 20 more files, around. Weird..maybe that's why the server kept trying to download the files repeatedly..I dunno. Anyways, everything is working now, thanks.