Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/188775

I don't think we've ever had this map before, correct me if I'm wrong.

In case of any concerns about its smaller size; it's a small sized map but it's not entirely open and cluster-fuckey either like military area, there's places to go inside of and 3 stories to run around on which keeps it action packed (less running to find hale and more shooting) while still not being completely overwhelming for some hales or the others like military area might be for some people.

Crappy run through of the map in spectator mode:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I don't know I mean, military area is 'good' because of the fact it's open. A small enclosed map like this could be worth a shot but I fear it will be almost too enclosed and chaotic for Red.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't know I mean, military area is 'good' because of the fact it's open. A small enclosed map like this could be worth a shot but I fear it will be almost too enclosed and chaotic for Red.

Space has some pretty enclosed areas and its a popular map

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Looks good. I'm not exactly sure what I think of this map, but the only way to find out if it's a good map is to have it be played, either on skial, or anywhere else.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
lol
3TfP1eI.jpg

I'm not fond of it though. The high amount of engi spots are pretty good, but not for a small map. It has teleportation frogs which of course results in trapping hale with the dispenser and getting a free telefrag or just heavy damage from other classes. And it also has this dunger like spot, a hallway where you have to crouch, thus being open for numerous bullets while you try to get them (but most likely not succeed as red's smart enough to crouch walk and shoot away from you).
I like the map design but these elements just do not appeal to me.
-1 +0 otherwise a good map

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
lol
3TfP1eI.jpg

I'm not fond of it though. The high amount of engi spots are pretty good, but not for a small map. It has teleportation frogs which of course results in trapping hale with the dispenser and getting a free telefrag or just heavy damage from other classes. And it also has this dunger like spot, a hallway where you have to crouch, thus being open for numerous bullets while you try to get them (but most likely not succeed as red's smart enough to crouch walk and shoot away from you).
I like the map design but these elements just do not appeal to me.
-1 +0 otherwise a good map

If the map has some crappy spots we might be able to get cream tea or some other mapper to fix it up a bit if they don't mind

I just want some more map variation in VSH since its been a bit bare bones lately

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
If the map has some crappy spots we might be able to get cream tea or some other mapper to fix it up a bit if they don't mind

I just want some more map variation in VSH since its been a bit bare bones lately
If the map is added and there are unwanted spots, I might fix them if I find the time. I'll try the map out myself soon and see it by myself.
EDIT: Map seems nice +1 but a little work could be needed.

Last edited:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Kind of looks like a smaller and better version of vsh_castle_siege_b11
I'd support the addition of this map if we could remove castle... maybe swap the two for a trial run?