Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Decided to separate this suggestion from this thread: https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-a...-fixed-spread-for-shotguns-suggestions.72754/
Let me know what you think.

• Added more health and ammo around the map
  • Medics gain 6 seconds of faster ubercharge rate at round start to help mitigate the lost time charging ubercharge when the time is counting down to start the round
  • Falling off the map as RED does not result in death anymore, you'll be teleported back onto the map
  • Made some spots with high potential of griefing for engineers unable to have buildings built on them
  • Fixed Hale being able to get out of the playing area near his spawn, he'll be teleported onto the map
  • Preemptively made some rocks outside the playing area not solid to players to avoid potiential exploits
  • Clipping has been improved all around the map
  • Capping the point time slightly extended from 4s to 10s
  • Removed a pair of health/ammo packs near the jump pad at boss spawn at @Pedro the fabulous request
  • Broken gravity feature fixed, hit the red core to activate lowered gravity for 30 seconds, cooldown is 90 seconds, audio cues for when gravity turns on or off
  • Mission briefing shows a description of the VSH gamemode

Click here to download the map

Last edited:
Reactions: Slip

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
+1 for everything
  • Falling off the map as RED does not result in death anymore, you'll be teleported back onto the map

-1 for this though

If you got the time, can you elaborate more in detail why you feel this way?

I made this change because RED players don't really respawn in VSH and having the entire map outside the playable area be certain death for RED is a cheap way to prevent people from getting outside the playing area when you can just teleport them back, they are punished for falling off with fall damage as of now, this can be changed to more damage to disincentive falling of the map repeatedly.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Or you could just not fall off the map and not die. It's not that difficult to stay within the playing area of the map.

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Or you could just not fall off the map and not die. It's not that difficult to stay within the playing area of the map.

But don't you think instant death is too extreme for falling off?
Especially when you only got 1 life per round.
It would be fine if you respawned but yes, they should be punished for falling off but I don't think immediate death is the answer, fall damage high enough to disincentive falling off is what I think is ideal.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Players love abusing the hell out of map teleports

It's especially annoying with spies who delay rounds for extended periods of time. Combined with their cloak that greatly reduces damage they can continually jump off the map for a free teleport away from the boss dragging the round on even longer

Even if you made them lose 99% of their health upon teleporting that's not going to stop players from regularly using their get out of death free card by moving off the map for a free teleport to escape the boss

Sky high causes players to lose most their health when teleported but people still jump off the map all the time to avoid hale

It's not some game shattering issue but its a direct buff to red team and we're going to see a lot more rounds being dragged on from people abusing the map teleport

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Players love abusing the hell out of map teleports

It's especially annoying with spies who delay rounds for extended periods of time. Combined with their cloak that greatly reduces damage they can continually jump off the map for a free teleport away from the boss dragging the round on even longer
I can introduce a filter which checks if a spy is cloaked and add an exception to kill cloaked spies outright which would solve this issue.

Even if you made them lose 99% of their health upon teleporting that's not going to stop players from regularly using their get out of death free card by moving off the map for a free teleport to escape the boss

Sky high causes players to lose most their health when teleported but people still jump off the map all the time to avoid hale
I want to give players options especially for classes with limited mobility as in if they will choose to fight their way out of a boss encounter and risk death if they were caught with bad positioning or fall off and get some breathing room at the expense of their health which leads to death if you're low on it.

They can't repeatedly use this reliably as there's only 2 spots they will end up in which is shown in this picture
Yktmf1K.jpg

Which are within close proximity of each other, the boss has no trouble reaching those and the teleports aren't randomized, what teleport you will use falling off depends on what side of the map you fall off from which makes it very easy to predict where they will end up. Any boss player with basic game sense will catch on and shut players down who relies too much on the teleports.

I'm pretty sure in skyhigh the teleporting isn't really that viable at all to use for many classes since where you will end up is on the capture point at all times, the boss can just wait at the capture point where they will teleport and kill them on the spot and the fall damage is a bit much to use it often.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'm pretty sure in skyhigh the teleporting isn't really that viable at all to use for many classes since where you will end up is on the capture point at all times, the boss can just wait at the capture point where they will teleport and kill them on the spot and the fall damage is a bit much to use it often.

I don't think you've watched enough rounds of sky high

Fragancia

Contributor
Mapper
Updated vsh_spaaaaace_v1_fix_s3_skial_v2 with a few changes
Please try it out and let me know what you think.

• Falling off the map penalizes the RED team with additional damage, including fall damage and afterburn that lasts for 5 seconds
  • Spies that attempts to cloak during a fall off the map instantly die, if they don't cloak they will be fine
Click here to download the map

I don't think you've watched enough rounds of sky high

I've played enough skyhigh to know the usual song and dance on that map, spies staying close to the capture point attempting to get easy stabs when the boss inevitably falls off due to knockback, snipers chipping away health from the boss from the building to the left of the RED's spawn, battalion soldiers giving the boss a hard time killing people especially if they got medics with them, people with bad spatial awareness or bad positioning die to the "trains".

I can't honestly recall a case where a RED player has used the teleport on that map reliably to escape a boss who's aware.

Last edited: