bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
(if you think this a good idea +1 in chat or -1 if you disagree obviously. Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated dearly.)

Is it possible to have this added? It's just, I love playing on vsh_military_base - SKYHIGH - other such maps that are related to VSH but more than less of the time I'm mostly playing just Hale. Even when the SPECIAL ROUND occurs it's so rare and spontaneous that it makes you question why the other bosses are added in the first place if you're rarely allowed to play them? I just want other bosses to gain the light (be more recognised and noticeable) more often (at least) instead of Saxon Hale hogging the light. "that's the gamemode dumbass, it's called Vs. Saxton Hale for a REASON" - (yes I'm more than aware of that ya silly sod) my point is that it would attract more people in the long run by being able to select what Boss you'd like to play before fighting against players.

"Yeah but bl0 if it's such a problem why don't you go on a different server or play FF2?" - I enjoy Skials community within VSH and I've gotten used to it for a long while now, and FF2 I've played for ages. I'd like change in a positive direction from my long term experience and personal perspective of playing VSH - FF2 etc to improve and allow the servers to be more populated with time and patience. (even if such suggestions get declined I'm not fussed as I'm only trying to help and make life easier for people who have only just joined - or have been playing for a while, I.E old school)

Example; I would love to play the special bosses more often but it's so RARE that I can only presume other individuals waiting ages get a bit miffed by it, not saying that's a bad thing as mostly players aren't fussed but still this will do more good than harm. There was even times when it was my turn to play Hale and some other random user that joined took my slot and got to play Christian Brutal Sniper... (my favourite Boss) I was kinda miffed, but still we won and that person got to play a legendary Boss. (me playing the boss I love happens once in a blue moon unfortunately)

I genuinely believe this would be a good idea, it has no downsides. Why would it? If you disagree with the idea, at least increase special rounds so it happens more often than never hey? It would also allow new users to get a feel for other bosses that are well known such as Horseless Headless Horsemann (HHH), Easter Bunny, Christian Brutal Sniper, Vagineer.

Pictures, just in case you have no idea what bosses these are.

1) Horseless Headless Horsemann

• 300px-HHH.png
2) Easter Bunny
  • 200px-VSH_Model_Easter_Bunny.png
3) Christian Brutal Sniper
  • latest
4) Vagineer.
  • 39-399289_ff2-vagineer-team-fortress-2-vagineer.png
(these bosses imo deserve the light more frequently, they are awesome)

Side note - killstreak effect choosing works but by default it resets everytime it's a new round. I've been on plenty of servers where it stays the entire duration but not here for some weird reason. I know it's not super important, but having that fixed as well wouldn't do any harm.

Overall conclusion? Let the people choose what Boss they'd like to play or at the very least increase the chances of SPECIAL ROUNDS occurring so boredom is less likely.

Thanks for reading folks.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

bl0

Contributor
-1 these bosses are more powerful than hale. This is why they are special.

You make a good statement, however:

HHH - Easter Bunny - Christian Brutal Sniper have their downsides too. Vagineer i'm not listing due to him being pretty powerful with his Uber bonus that can practically deny enemy Engineers unless a Pyro is in the area.

1) HHH - [increased range on his weapon (eyelander range)] [can teleport] #1 - Eyelander range is quite powerful if used correctly but it doesn't take an idiot to figure out not to get too close to him unless you're playing Spy more than less of the time or going for a Market Garden attack. Using your axe, sword (demoman) for extra speed etc. #2 Teleportation isn't too much of a problem since most people manage to get away or else that would be stupidly OP if you can get enemies stuck like Gentlespy can via FF2. Yeah I know you could follow up with a teleportation + rage but that's only effective if you're going for a stealth move within a nest or getting rid of a Soldier for example. HHH has a major weakness, not being able to super jump like other bosses so it takes him longer to get to a destination, on top of that he could be denied whilst trying to climb so it works both ways. (HHH has a massive hitbox, so it's not difficult to shoot him) (his teleportation ability takes time to reuse)

2) Easter Bunny - [gets crits from his bottle if he picks up an egg] [his rage fires bombs everywhere] #1 - Crit killing people with his bottle can be strong if chained up properly but if you've got a Pyro airblasting him then it's not exactly a problem, knockback sends him flying easily so you've gotta take that into consideration. #2 His rage varies tbh, however when I've seen individuals use his rage they don't use it to the best of it's properties since the eggs fly in all directions upwards then come down like acid rain. Yet, gathered from what I've seen it feels like the eggs don't actually do as much damage as they should do.. the best obvious way to use it is to be in the center of a large group of enemies and then activate the rage for best effectiveness. However when I use it I pick up an egg before raging or jump in the sky - then activate it so that it does AOE damage + crits. In buildings however, it is the thing of nightmares... Conclusion though: It's not hard to dodge it unless he's RIGHT in your face or has good positioning.

3) Christian Brutal Sniper - [has a huntsman that does quite a bit of damage if hit by it, fully charged shots do considerable more damage, headshots are pretty much a confirmed kill] #1 - When his rage is activated the rage itself hasn't got much of a radius to work with compared to that of the other bosses so your targets won't be moving slowly unless they've been effected by it - even so it doesn't last long. Making it more harder to finish off targets with the huntsman, it's debatable with CBS when his rage is activated, yeah it doesn't take a genius to shoot people down with the huntsman but it isn't super easy to say the least and each arrow has to count or else you're going to get swatted down like a fly. Medics will be your biggest enemy considering they can Übercharge multiple people at once, with your huntsman it also has limited range since if you're playing on a large map you'll only be able to kill those with it at close - medium range and Engineers will be a big pain in the ass if they are hiding in a good spot whilst directly being behind the Sentry so your huntsman will be ineffective unless you play smart. (I decided to put his actual rage and huntsman weapon in the same list)

Even so, Saxton Hale is a force to be reckoned with and these bosses aren't SUPER DUPER more powerful than Hale. This is just my opinion though, don't take it the wrong way.

bl0

Contributor
Cheers for the link, even though the guy is a bit vague but the comment that Orthros is useful to say the least.

If you lot disagree with the idea of choosing, an increase of special rounds would be more preferably, but not over the top obviously. (I say this in the benefit of both parties)

bl0

Contributor
Orthros put* (edit ^)

Also, I checked the voting poll and thirteen people voted yes, where as those who said no was four. (quite the difference, to simply put) (now I want this suggestion to go through even more)

Xerʘ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
DISCLAIMER:This is my opinion.

HHH would almost never be played because I think he's viewed as either not as fun or worse than any of the other hales.
Vag and CBS would be played non stop due VAG to being able to become invincible and CBS can be ranged.
Easter Bunny rewards players which is why IMO he's the worst so id just never play him.
Random is just better.

bl0

Contributor
1) HHH is an underrated boss and I adore the soundtrack - overall style of the Boss itself, quite menacing to say the least. You'd be surprised how powerful he can be if used correctly, but I'm not saying you're completely wrong.

2) VAG - CBS are fun bosses, we can all agree on that. Yet, even if some people decided to play them pretty often I believe they'd eventually get bored with them and play others, you've just gotta have a bit of faith.

3) Easter Bunny is debatable, you're right in that sense but I've already explained mostly about him so far. We'll just have to see now won't we.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Why not instead add these 4 bosses to FF2, that way you're allowed to choose which one you wanna play before it's your turn to play as a boss?