mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
This simple change would allow a Demoman equipped with either of the aforementioned items to have a base Max HP of 210, allowing him to tank one hit from Hale at full HP.

The current meta for Demoman on VSH is almost entirely Any Grenade Launcher + Shield + Eyelander.
This tweak would make going full Demoknight slightly more enticing as your shield would no longer be your only protection at low head count, and incentivize loadout experimentation; some players will find it interesting to exchange DPS for survivability, and make a loadout like Boots + Sticky far more viable.

TL;DR a small buff to add variety to playing VSH Demoman.

Last edited:

soos

TF2 Admin
having an extra 10 hp might seem like a good some, but about 70 - 80% of players who play demoknight use the eyelander and therefore only gaining a total of 10 ho total, it still takes 2 heads to survive a hit from the average hale.

and the metta wouldnt change for demoman for 2 words

CRIT PILLS

unless that changes, i dont see the demo metta changing

some other misc strats might get a buff from this (boots + sticky + not-eyelander) but i dont see much changing from this

+0

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
having an extra 10 hp might seem like a good some, but about 70 - 80% of players who play demoknight use the eyelander and therefore only gaining a total of 10 ho total, it still takes 2 heads to survive a hit from the average hale.

and the metta wouldnt change for demoman for 2 words

CRIT PILLS

unless that changes, i dont see the demo metta changing

some other misc strats might get a buff from this (boots + sticky + not-eyelander) but i dont see much changing from this

+0

Yeah, I don't want to shake the meta up with this idea, I just wanted to make this item somewhat more viable to create an alternative to the hybridknight.

Although if it's crits that's so alluring, maybe give full crits to the Boots too :)

Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
No when you play with bootlegger/booties you are already as fast as the hale if you get 4 heads, which is completely cancer and let's be honest with eyelander you only need 2 heads to have more than 202 HP.

I don't know why everyone wants to create some no aim melee only gameplay, this isn't fun for the hole at all and anyway you can't be rewarded with 9k damage at the end of the game if you didn't even aim once. + on some maps like military area, there's a health pack every 10 meters, so bootlegger/booties were already annoying AF.

-1 :doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge::doge: