mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Self-explanatory. Give the market gardener %-damage perk to the Scottish Resistance, Demoman's non-stock bottle.

Other servers have this perk as an interesting way to create a demoman subclass based on blast jumping. This should balance out well, as our current Demoman meta, especially in terms of DPS, is very heavily reliant on hybridknight, which this weapon would cut into.

Last edited:

Xerʘ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Kind of interesting I guess but seems more of a meme than anything.

A soldier can instantly jump away after getting a market garden but a demo wouldn't be able to or at least not as quick leaving them open to just being killed from a hale wiping around quickly.

Not going to vote yet till I see others views on it.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Kind of interesting I guess but seems more of a meme than anything.

A soldier can instantly jump away after getting a market garden but a demo wouldn't be able to or at least not as quick leaving them open to just being killed from a hale wiping around quickly.

Not going to vote yet till I see others views on it.

The idea is to be a riskier, slower but ultimately more versatile DPS. Good sticky demos would have this option on top of being able to sticky trap, and then also pack a primary for damage/utility.

No shield for crits and a safety hit, but the ability to rack up substantial amounts of damage in multiple ways.

Last edited:

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1, it would change the demo meta in VSH, and it'd introduce a new, interesting playstyle. One suggestion that I think would make the playstyle safer is to add an explosive resistance attribute to the bottle that works without it being on hand. This would make it much easier for players to get in and out of a situation without losing a large amount of health, just like rocket jumping.

MrLupin

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
+1 This would be very interesting as this would be very interesting meta for Demo. While Soldier can rocket jump away, like what ish said Demoman should get explosive resistance when the bottle is equip as a passive bonus so Demo wouldn't get loose large health when Sticky Jumping. Overall, this meta can be very fun and interesting.

Spaikrab

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
+1 As someone who's personally played with this style before, I highly recommend it's addition as it's very fun and a very different style of market gardening. It would introduce a new meta and give Demos something else to do that would actually be viable. I also like the passive "gunboats" bonus so that the Demo can do more then one jump without being completely screwed when he lands.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
+1

You'd have to sacrifice not just a decent melee, but likely a shield as well. Grenade jumps just aren't versatile enough to suit a market gardener demo.

This creates an actual decision to be made when it comes to the otherwise stagnant demo meta.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't think this is a good idea. Most bosses don't like playing against market gardeners and giving another class the ability to do the same thing doesn't seem to add much value. If you want the demo meta to not be stale it would be better to find a new mechanic to add.