Little_Lano

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Can we please have a limit on how often people can vote scramble? Or have 2 or 3 rounds before !votescramble becomes available again.

This happens a lot on Dustbowl+ EU.
Teams will get scrambled, one team will win, then someone from the other team will !votescramble.
It's getting ridiculous how often teams scramble just because someone is a sore loser.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"Winning team won in less than 2:00 minutes scrambling teams" Next round "What?! We lost?! Teams are stacked! !votescramble" Scrambles pass, next round. "Winning team broke the dom limit scrambling teams" Yea... I know what you're saying dude, It gets really, really annoying.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
You know, perhaps it's just me, but the only reason I can think of someone not wanting to votescramble is because teams are stacked and they like it.

Little_Lano

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
You know, perhaps it's just me, but the only reason I can think of someone not wanting to votescramble is because teams are stacked and they like it.

That's a good point. Although this may be true, this constant scrambling doesn't really promote any good team play since we are changing the teams so often. If people actually give it a game or two to know their team, then they might realise they have a good team if they actually work together....

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So last round Red team thought it would be funny if they all went sniper, there was two scramble votes called and passed in a single stage of dustbowl.... This is the result
screenshot20120730at23738am.png

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
There's one risk with it all, and that is opinions. So there is good stacking, then some butthurt kids decide to scramble, it suceeds and now you're stuck with a shitty team for 15 minutes/2 rounds. And people aren't patient. They'll leave the server rather than play with idiots, which means less people on the servers, which means a bad time.

wasd

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1

Dustbowl+ EU scrambles very often because the players there are quite competitive, with a high amount of players ranked in the top 100 on Skial's HLStats playing there. Although teams are sometimes stacked inequally, scramble usualy does make teams fairly even. I play quite a bit on Dustbowl+ and it's not unusual to see one team lose, !votescramble, have the scramble pass and then go on to win the next game because teams were even after all; after that, teams get scrambled and the whole cycle starts again because a minority are sore losers who only care about their kill-death ratio. Constant scramble does not promote teamwork or skilled gameplay, which is the basis of team fortress 2, it just suggests to players that they should hope to be on the correct side of scramble when it happens.

I think that a !votescramble should only allowed to be called about once every two rounds, so that players can experience both attacking and defending with their team and they can make an informed decision about whether or not teams are uneven before votescrambling.