Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
As of now, I rarely see votemenu being used for actual reasons and instead being used as a joke or people abusing it. The only thing that it's really useful for it is the slay vote, which is probably the most used. Other then that, I think here are the changes that should be made.
  • Add in a message that appears in chat such as the sargenty stream link. Have it tell players to make a report if someone is breaking the rules if there is no admin on the server, directing a link to the report section of the forums for them to use.
  • Remove the ban vote. This is mostly used for voteabuse, and even then it takes way too many votes to pass.
  • Only mute players instead of muting and gagging them. This will allow the server to mute a micspammer if they can't get evidence. Meanwhile if players are unjustly voted to get muted by the players, they can still type. Their messages appear in their stats so you can get evidence easily if they spam there.
Overall, I think these changes should be made to the votemenu only. Everything else like the slay or guardban on jailbreak can stay. This also encourages more players to make reports on these forums, that way more rule-breakers can be punished properly instead of the normal 30 minutes for a ban/vote, and it will probably make voteabuse happen less.

Unorthodox

Mildly Menacing Medic
Remove the ban vote... That is just giving trollers an opportunity to mass freekill lots of times. I don't think you should remove the ban, just maybe report if someone is vote abusing the ban command. If someone gets falsely banned, they can always appeal here.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Remove the ban vote... That is just giving trollers an opportunity to mass freekill lots of times. I don't think you should remove the ban, just maybe report if someone is vote abusing the ban command. If someone gets falsely banned, they can always appeal here.
You could keep it on Jailbreak, and there is already guard ban so I thought it would be better to use that instead.

Unorthodox

Mildly Menacing Medic
You could keep it on Jailbreak, and there is already guard ban so I thought it would be better to use that instead.
Oh yeah, that is true. I mean, that's why we have both. We could just ban them from the server, so they cannot come back unless their ban expires than just keep the freekiller in the server, but have them guard banned. Lots of freekillers are toxic as well, so you would probably just see the chat filled with rage.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Add in a message that appears in chat such as the sargenty stream link. Have it tell players to make a report if someone is breaking the rules if there is no admin on the server, directing a link to the report section of the forums for them to use.
Why not. Although I doubt people will bother. Most barely use !report from what I can see.

• Remove the ban vote. This is mostly used for voteabuse, and even then it takes way too many votes to pass.
  • Only mute players instead of muting and gagging them. This will allow the server to mute a micspammer if they can't get evidence. Meanwhile if players are unjustly voted to get muted by the players, they can still type. Their messages appear in their stats so you can get evidence easily if they spam there.
Absolutely not. Votes are instant problem resolving methods for when admins aren't available or there's no admin on the server.

Voteban: If there's a hacker that evades SMAC and VAC then the server's only option of getting rid of them is a voteban. The server will quickly die out if an admin is unavailable and there's a hacker playing sniper killing one player a second. Same as freekillers on jailbreak, exploiters, griefers, etc...
Votesilence: You can still type while the vote is ongoing anyway. The point is to stop people from obnoxiously spamming and flooding the chat. I've never seen it as a substitute tool for when evidence wasn't possible to gather, it's always convenient to collect evidence and votesilence then file the report, especially at times when admins are busy (not that that's often the case).

@Bottiger btw if you can remove the option to votemute / voteslay / voteban ourselves it would be nice.
+1