courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
I'm sure this had to have been brought up at some point before now, but it seems as if players can avoid the vote menu system by having special non-keyboard characters in their username. Whether on purpose or accidental, i've noticed a few reports claiming that users aren't appearing on the menu. Is there a way this can be fixed or? Many users aren't willing to go out of their way to come to the forums to report a user who isn't showing up in a server vote.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It would be useful to get a list of names that are causing this.
I've heard this once before, but I found the player in the votemenu without any problem.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
I've seen it affect anyone with a flower, heart, or non-English letter in their name. I'll compile a list of examples tomorrow if nobody else does

Bottiger

Administrator
I renamed myself to the person being complained about here

https://www.skial.com/threads/couldnt-find-a-name-on-votemenu.69635/

And as you can see I show up on the votemenu just fine. I just can't be selected because I am an admin.

TtKkfYc.png

As far as I know there are only 3 ways to not show up on votemenu.
  1. The person disconnected before you typed /votemenu.
  2. The person renamed themselves before you typed /votemenu. They will still show up immediately on their new name.
  3. The person's steamid has not been verified yet. It can take as long as 1 minute or even longer for us to receive this response from Steam because their servers can be that slow. It does complete in 1-2 seconds most of the time. We have a plugin to kick people that take longer than 1 minute.
In all of these cases there is nothing we can do, and your best bet is either to try again or contact an admin.