AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
I tried accessing google.com, but somehow, this showed up for me.
2dsd.png

I contacted my cousin over steam, he adviced me to scan for anti-virus, so i used avast, as one of his options was to use.

When I opened up skial forums, my homepage, this toolbar that is not usually here showed up.
1sss.png

I have no idea what I've done, but it was working fine early this morning and yesterday.
My computer started being slow as shit after I found out google site didn't work.

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
Update: I got a new useless ass toolbar
Anyone know any way to get rid of this? Like an free anti-virus sweep or something?
Also Google Chrome started to constantly stop responding.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My cousin that seems to have a perfect computer recommended me not to have one, but to be careful on sites, but I just play tf2 all day and this showed on google.
I'm sorry but your cousin is a retard and should learn more about computer safety. Download Microsoft Security Essentials it's free from the Microsoft site.

Reactions: AfireAzuaki

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My cousin that seems to have a perfect computer recommended me not to have one
Just.... lol
Looks like your PC is infected with Adware. Malwarebytes is the way to go. Also, System Restore never works in case of OS being infected. But I assume that since you've followed your cousin's advice not to install antivirus, you don't have System Restore and Backup running either.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It doesn't always work, but it usually will.
Just.... lol
Looks like your PC is infected with Adware. Malwarebytes is the way to go. Also, System Restore never works in case of OS being infected. But I assume that since you've followed your cousin's advice not to install antivirus, you don't have System Restore and Backup running either.
This, system restore will not delete files, it only reverts some system changes. It MIGHT temporary revert some of what the "virus" would have done, but beyond that, no good.

You should be good with malwarebytes and MSE.

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
Have neither one of you used Essentials? It's made for Windows By it's creator It's possibly the best anti-virus for any windows Machine.
I am going to look into that now. I just was away from the computer for a good 1 hr and a half letting avast check when i restarted my computer (it recommended it, but i quit it since it was stuck at 54% for about 45 minutes.) So far, it detected 1 infected file, but it wasn't specified.

Just do a system restore, go back to yesterday. Problem solved.
I can if I knew how not to fuck up my saves i did today, but I will take the other guy's advice first. I do need an anti virus.

oh and change your steam password on another computer. just to be safe
Will do

Just.... lol
Although I did listen to my cousin, I did back up my computer several times, I still have the discs of backup files around my stuff. If all else fails, starting fresh again on the computer.

-----
I used to back up my computer, but I feel as if that's not the solution since viruses keep coming back. Avast atm seems to be weirding out.
Well first thing is first, I needa get rid of the 2 useless toolbars under my adress bar.

One thing solved is that my google chrome doesn't stop responding.
4ftf.png