• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I am laughing my ass off at the responses this is getting on lmaobox forums.
"Time to move onto CS. Rip lmaobox."
"Selling all of my items. It's been a good run."
"Valve didn't fix anything. They broke something and said it's fixed."
Good fucking riddance to all of them.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
SMAC is going to give them hell now. Their 'silent' aimbot was the one thing that kept a lot of them getting hit with a Aimbot detection by SMAC, now sourcebans is going to light up like a christmas tree with aimbot detections when they're snapping their aim all over the place.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
0b396ae130.png

Autistic cthulhu
These people sound like massive faggots

Simcha

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
How does one patch a hack?

This is great for future matchmaking.
From what I understand, the way it used to be is that spread was calculated client-site and then sent to the server. Now spread is 100% server side. As for silent aim I have no clue.

Kane Adamson

Mildly Menacing Medic
A lot of hacks are rumored to use old code leftover from the GoldSource engine (Half-Life 1 engine). HL1 had auto aim built into the game itself, and could be toggled in the options menu or through the console. sv_aim 1 enabled autoaim, while sv_aim 0 disabled it. Back in the day, using a mouse and keyboard combo was just starting to become popular, and there were actual strategy guides touting the benefits of using a mouse and keyboard in an FPS game (similar to how many guides nowadays recommend players turn off mouse acceleration to improve their play). Yes, kids, we older gamers used the keyboard only and no mouse in early FPS titles. In the age of HL1, people were still just starting to get used to mouse aim, so Volvo added auto aim to help people actually finish the game.

Reactions: 185db

Simcha

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Hmmm.

I don't see how spread hacking could work anymore if everything is indeed server-side now. Then again I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Hopefully that post was just taken out of context or something. I know they fixed the same stuff for CS:GO a while back. I don't know if it was in the same way, but apparently there hasn't been any way to bypass it.

Also, keep in mind that this won't effect straight up aimbots anyway, just hacks that remove spread and do silent aiming.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hmmm.

I don't see how spread hacking could work anymore if everything is indeed server-side now. Then again I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Hopefully that post was just taken out of context or something. I know they fixed the same stuff for CS:GO a while back. I don't know if it was in the same way, but apparently there hasn't been any way to bypass it.

Also, keep in mind that this won't effect straight up aimbots anyway, just hacks that remove spread and do silent aiming.

If I'm understanding this snippet below correctly, he didn't manage to bring back no bullet spread. He just made it to where the aimbot no longer targets people at a certain distance if using a weapon effected by bullet spread.

Aimbots will continue to work too, but they won't be those harder to detect ones where they're not snapping their aim but still hitting people continually. They'll be a lot more obvious and will likely trigger more SMAC aimbot violations if they're not careful.

8ifsuYp.png

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
A lot of hacks are rumored to use old code leftover from the GoldSource engine (Half-Life 1 engine). HL1 had auto aim built into the game itself, and could be toggled in the options menu or through the console. sv_aim 1 enabled autoaim, while sv_aim 0 disabled it. Back in the day, using a mouse and keyboard combo was just starting to become popular, and there were actual strategy guides touting the benefits of using a mouse and keyboard in an FPS game (similar to how many guides nowadays recommend players turn off mouse acceleration to improve their play). Yes, kids, we older gamers used the keyboard only and no mouse in early FPS titles. In the age of HL1, people were still just starting to get used to mouse aim, so Volvo added auto aim to help people actually finish the game.

I used to play both Doom II, and Duke Nukem 3d without using free aim. At one time I played Doom II using the mouse for movement, not aim. I eventually started to play Duke 3d with mouse aiming always enabled, just because it felt more natural. I used to play Rainbow 6 with a keyboard for movement, and... a Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback joystick for aim. It worked surprisingly well, actually.

For those who remember, Goldeneye had auto aim, and you had to stand completely still for precise aim. That was considered GOOD for the time on a console.:lol:

Kane Adamson

Mildly Menacing Medic
Mouse and keyboard didn't become the industry standard until the around the rise of RTS (Red Alert and Starcraft come to mind). Back then, people used keyboard only, keyboard and joystick, or even keyboard and trackball.

Heck, I finished both Red Alert 1 campaigns (including the Giant Ant missions) using trackball and mouse on my father's computer.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I used to play quake3 with a mouse and sidewinder joystick. Took me ages to get used to using a keyboard.

Jusey1

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
This is good news, I guess. Though they'll still find ways around it but at least hackers should be easier to spot now.

Mr.Satan

Mildly Menacing Medic
People now need to rely on skill (and dumb luck) to play. I love the rage on that reddit.

steam to play tf1: $0

tf2: $0

A zip file on instant skillz: $0

The rage of losers after their exploit is gone: Priceless