Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93545993/VACAF2.3.zip

That's a .exe someone made that tries a handful of fixes specifically for the VAC authentication error. It looks like it was made more for CS:GO but I would assume it would work on TF2 considering a lot of the troubleshooting tips are the same for different VAC protected games.

Fhu4e1g.png
Have you tried rebooting your router?
Had this error too. I opted into steam beta and back out of it and it was miraculously gone. Maybe that procedure could help you too. Good luck!
Those didn't work either....
VZbjQRs.gif

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I am sorry to hear that. Try re-installing Steam itself as a last resort if you haven't yet. You can backup your game folder in a separate directory and just paste/cut your games/software back to the "common" folder.

Other than that I am afraid I have no further ideas. The problem solved itself after a day or two for me.

Reactions: Deadfront

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am sorry to hear that. Try re-installing Steam itself as a last resort if you haven't yet. You can backup your game folder in a separate directory and just paste/cut your games/software back to the "common" folder.

Other than that I am afraid I have no further ideas. The problem solved itself after a day or two for me.
I am going to do a total delete and reload. I dont want to paste my game back in with it possibly being the issue. Might take a bit but I have spent a bunch already on it so what do I have to lose at this point.

Ill post the results later. Thanks again all who tried to help.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not saying it is fixed but ran the compatibility thing on Windows 10 and set to previous. Before I did this it would kick me after a couple rounds, when I did this I didn't get kicked for 3+ rounds. I will continue to try it and see if it holds up. I didn't see it in any of the threads about this issue but thought it was worth a shot. I will let you know how it goes.
wood.jpg