JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I been having a bugger of a time today trying to get these 4 updates to install.

2jtfsj.png

I have done all options recommended at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

none of them work. even if i try to do a one by one download and install they fail. I have also done a chkdsk /r but that didn't help.

Suggestions?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yes of course it is!

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif
Speaking purely hypothetically, if it weren't, your best bet would be to acquire RemoveWat 2.2.6 (Assuming hypothetically this is what was used to bypass Windows Authentication Technologies). Do a Restore WAT, Reboot, then RemoveWAT... Purely hypothetical of course.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Speaking purely hypothetically, if it weren't, your best bet would be to acquire RemoveWat 2.2.6 (Assuming hypothetically this is what was used to bypass Windows Authentication Technologies). Do a Restore WAT, Reboot, then RemoveWAT... Purely hypothetical of course.

Purely..

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

But what if this method was already tried..

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There appear to be others having the same issues with some of those updates on the Microsoft Forums. Since they came out yesterday, I'd suggest giving it a couple days to see if a resolution or new update is released. This is usually why I choose not to download updates the same day (or day after) they are released. I prefer not to be a Microsoft guinea pig.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Got to this thread late, had a few calls about this today. Can confirm what genocide said, you got nothing to worry about, especially if you aren't getting a warning (faulty of course) about your windows not being legit.

I'd give it a few days before trying, let them work it out.

Last edited:

Sh1dowdude

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Got to this thread late, had a few calls about this today. Can confirm what genocide said, you got nothing to worry about, especially if you aren't getting a warning (faulty of course) about your windows not being legit.

I'd give it a few days before trying, let them work it out.
Right on spot - Click HERE for the full explanation. If that is not correct wait 2-3 days and restart your computer!

foe

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Still having this issue? According to the 'HELP ME!' I'd presume yes? xD I've had similar problems in the field before and can recommend a couple utilities if you're interested. I'd rather not just post links since I was told posting links to helpful public non-profit tools is considered "advertisement". PM me or let me know.